droiddummy

Apr 6, 2016
Hi I received my T8s box yesterday. It already has filmon / netflix and some other apps on it. I can't get anthing to play. I've checked the internet speed and it is saying the download speed is 0.01 - 0.04 mbps yet each time I test yet my computer on the same wifi it says its about 6.67 mbps. It also keeps dropping out on the box but I have no problems on the computer. I can watch filmon and netflix on my computer no problem. I live on a campsite and log into the wifi hotspot everybody else uses therefore I can't do anything to the router. I've been trying to install wookie but it won't even let me do that but I am able to go onto google and surf the net. Is there anyway I can increase the signal on the T8 antenna? Thanks :)

droiddummy

Apr 6, 2016
I've used my husbands mobile wifi device to test it and filmon does work. But I still can't install wookie. It says ''wookie error check the log for more information.''

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Isp child protection plus bt smart set up can prevent wookie running. You need to unset these but if you are running off someone elses wifi/router that may be difficult.

droiddummy

Apr 6, 2016
Thanks for the reply. I'm in France so I don't know if the settings are the same. From the computer I can go into first row sports to watch the football so I don't think there is a lock on it. Is there anyway I can find out by trying to go on a certain internet site or something?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Check if you can access this forum on your box web browser. If you reach it and not a router home page or similar then we can probably eliminate your isp stopping the wookie running.

In which case i would recommend a wookie reinstall following these instructions precisely. But you will need a stable wifi signal, around 3mbps minimum. And if an install is successful. Preferably 5-6 mbps to view content successfully. Even higher for hd content.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-the-wookie-wizard-for-kodi/

Reactions: ChrisM

droiddummy

Apr 6, 2016
Thank you for your reply. Yes I can go onto here from the box. I can't get a strong enough internet signal to install wookie. I don't understand why it's picking up such a lower speed internet than my computer. Is there any way of increasing the strength of the antenna on the box? If not I will have to return it but could you recommend another box with a higher strength antenna?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Wifi reception on these android boxes of all makes is generally not as good as on computers and laptops. Which is why many of us prefer to use ethernet connections where possible. Proximity to a router is important. I appreciate that may be difficult given your circumstances. I doubt there is anything wrong with the box you have.

You can of course load kodi on a pc - there is a windows version. But even a wifi speed of 6-7 mbps is on the lower limit for hd streams (should be just about ok for sd).

droiddummy

Apr 6, 2016
That's an idea. Would I connect the droibox to the laptop via usb then laptop to tv via hdmi?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Connect the PC directly to the TV via HDMI. You don't use the droidbox at all. Get the windows version of kodi from the official kodi download site.
TVaddons.ag have a configuration wizard with a windows setup option which you can use to set up your addons.

Reactions: thegazsheard

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Another approach you could consider given your constraints:
If laptop can get a good enough signal, then connect a network cable between the DroidBOX and your laptop. Share the internet connection your laptop has over ethernet (this shouldn't use up too much of your laptop's resources). If you want a few pointers on this, let us know the exact version of Windows (please don't let it be a Mac!) you have on the laptop. Should be doable without any 3rd party software.