Crash006

May 7, 2017
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area did not see my model listed. I bought three of these devices and am having issues with one of the three. It was one that I bought for a friend (who reimbursed me). Three boxes are identical for hardware other then the cases. This one box one day decided it was not going to connect via wifi one day, I showed up to see what was happening and found that wired it worked fine but wireless it did not. Working in the tech field I got approval from the person I bought it from to open it up and check the boards, found nothing dislodged,burnt, or broke inside of the device. I concluded that it needs to be firmware related so I once again talked to the person I bought them from and he said that I could factory reset the device. I tried that last night but still no avail and when I went back into Kodi it was completely different obviously a base version. All three came with wave media installed on them and I could not find a install for that one line.. I need help. Should/can u reformat these back, thoughts on the wifi crapping out. Help is greatly appreciated

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
Look at the post that I made about vpns and security. In it I covered wireless Internet over wired for streaming wireless Internet will work but not good enough for streaming video, and not reliable!

Also these cheaper China boxes are notorious for wireless problems, my bedroom box mxq pro works libreelec but android will not pick up the wireless network only libreelec!

This is to new of a box to be getting as drastic as you're talking about, if the seller is not offering refunds or exchange then they screwed you.

Further proof the other 3 work fine that's basic troubleshooting more than that tends to be a waste of time and resources, allot of bad boards show no signs of the damage or bad parts a chip can be defective and not show up a chip can short out and not show up and the long list that I am sure that you already know so fast and simple is always the best way especially when this new

Just make sure that you line up the sticker on the case that shows it was opened up and that you didn't scratch case or screws!

My mxq had a sticker I sliced with a exacto then opening it carefully and I was able to close it and it would have passed primary return inspection if I ever had returned it!

There's little tricks to opening stuff without any one knowing that you ever did one key get a good set of security screw bits allot of places don't have stickers because of the security screws

Crash006

May 7, 2017
Hey thanks for the reply. I just find this one odd. They were using the box fine one night and the next day they went to use without turning it off and the wifi card won't turn on. I did do some minor things a few nights ago like ending programs that were running in the background and I was able to get it to turn on but then the box kept freezing and popping up a message stating that the system settings had stopped working and would turn it off again. More info there that I forgot. That's why I am leaning towards a software issue like a corrupt driver or something

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
if you have tried factory wipe and restore it's most likely to be the box there made cheap and fast. not really for reliability.

my mxq same type of box just different chipset etc has a mind of its own does what it wants when it wants.
if you are going to keep the box I would go dual boot libreelec 8 kodi 17 it made the mxq rock solid and reliable

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
he's probably going to those boxes because of the octa core hype! when octa core technology is still virgin and not even utilized by most of the boxes.

it's just like 4k ahead of its time. if you look at the droidbox t8s plus 4 core half of the cores are barely under load! you have to sort through the bs and the hype when dealing with the TV boxes trust me there's tons of it

trying to research the droidbox nothing but what games and 4k etc I don't give a crap what's the specs what's the details side by side comparison etc

China box doesn't have upgrades log submission from the box otas dual booting or support