SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
Sorry for being similar to another post but it was a good name

I am new to all the tabs phones TV boxes etc, but they last 2 years or so i have been catching up really fast adhd is good for something lol

So before I got my box i spent over a month or more trying to research and find the best one, I got

A mxq 4k or whatever it's not in front of me I'm really disappointed in it no optical dolby digital

I had to run hdmi to the stereo then hdmi to the TV the stereo acting like a hdmi switch otherwise

The sound is crappie I managed to get a refund so it's a good learning experience but I lost count

Of reloading and flashing due to it acting like a bad box bad board etc or Internet because it was

Stable on broadband but now on dsl everything acts up no streams etc making it impossible to

Diagnose

I'm looking for advice and as much learning as i can because you tube is a never ending war of

This program that program this person is wrong or Wright etc almost impossible to learn

Thanks so much

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If you are looking for a new box, since you are on the Droidbox forum, it is no surprise that I would recommend one of their boxes, either the t8s plus or t8 mini. Another advantage is this forum of droidbox users able to help and answer questions.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
I cant speak for anyone else but take a look at the T8 Mini. It has yet to disappoint me. Its just my opinion but I am well pleased with this. I am sure something will go wrong eventually with it but not yet. Even if it does - the answer almost always lies with this forum or droidbox team.
Good Luck

Reactions: SmokingElectronics

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
I have a dumb question what's a droid box i thought it was another android tv box I'm from pent 4 and have never learned or liked tabs phones and now tv boxes until I am forced to learn them I'm so outdated my cell phone has to many minutes lmao

Ok I'm mad I'm a tec and quick learning person in 5 minutes i now understand what droidboxes are and what the advantages are i wasted the only money i had on inferior technology when everything i wanted was a droidbox I tried for months to research a year before cutting cable I'm on disability so I am careful before I buy and I missed this I'm dumber then I thought i can watch you tube and fix appliances etc i just understood droidboxes elc and what i have wanted most internal storage in a hour and I screwed up buying someone beat me

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
Thanks i appreciate all of your help and support and patience while I am catching up with all of the new technology

It makes a lot of sense to me from using the mxq and all of the problems, and being a pc tec Linuxis more secure and sturdy

Than others it's just programming based imput like the old dos system i think android is based loosely on that because of the

Strict input no flex like windows sorry not sure how to word that windows is fluid

These boxes look good across the board and easier to add drive space to and diagnose dedicated os, upgrades, forums who

Thanks for actually talking with me most won't because my learning disabilities.

Only thing I have seen is the t8 s plus is a qaud core but in benchmark testing it only uses 2 cores and half of the memory MOD NOTE: SEE REPLIES/PROOF BELOW FOR OUR BOXES

Otherwise I will definitely be trying to get one

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Sorry for the delay with this response.

20170121_153953_0.png
T8-S Plus, all the cores showing there. When under load all 4 are active, isn't it the case that when not in use, some are turned off?

Regarding the RAM, 2Gb on device, around 0.5Gb used for system, leaving you around 1.5Gb. See https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/hidden-but-not-lost-where-your-memory-is-hiding/ for some more background on that.

Reactions: SmokingElectronics