DLANOR1

Feb 25, 2015
I recently bought a TS8-Plus box and am having a problem downloading movies etc from Covenant,Elysium etc. The old box I had it was just a case of inserting the USB stick and enabling downloads to the stick. Now when I insert the stick into the TS8 box it comes up with a menu asking to change it to an external drive or format it. I tried both but can't see the stick label when I try to set it up in the enable downloads for movies and tv.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I recently bought a TS8-Plus box and am having a problem downloading movies etc from Covenant,Elysium etc. The old box I had it was just a case of inserting the USB stick and enabling downloads to the stick. Now when I insert the stick into the TS8 box it comes up with a menu asking to change it to an external drive or format it. I tried both but can't see the stick label when I try to set it up in the enable downloads for movies and tv.
Hi

Can you tell us which format did you used and partition table on your flash drive?Also which operating system you used to format the flash drive that you are using?

Regards

DLANOR1

Feb 25, 2015
It was on the android os. I have no problem downloading from the same build on my android phone to the usb stick. So is there something special I have to do to the usb stick when I use the ts8 box? I put the stick in the box and a window pops up asking me to format it which I did. All I am doing now is downloading on the hard drive and copy /paste to the stick with Es explorer.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Screen shot 2017-09-28 at 08.43.10.png
If your on a mac then its Go - Utilities - Disc Utilities and then erase to MS-DOS (fat) or even ex FAT. Ex Fat and MS -DOS (fat) are both fat32 but ExFAT is for transferring files bigger than 4GB. Ive always used MS-DOS (fat) on my USB sticks for my T8 and its perfect.
Dave

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
View attachment 1145 If your on a mac then its Go - Utilities - Disc Utilities and then erase to MS-DOS (fat) or even ex FAT. Ex Fat and MS -DOS (fat) are both fat32 but ExFAT is for transferring files bigger than 4GB. Ive always used MS-DOS (fat) on my USB sticks for my T8 and its perfect.
Dave
Or on windows its:- computer/ right click you usb stick/ format/ fat32/ ok

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
You may well still get that message after formatting the stick.
If/when the question comes up asking what you want to do with the USB device, just press the Return button on your remote control.