PKM

Jan 25, 2015
I have ts8 plus , on start up it goes direct to kodi Jarvis 16.1 there is no access to droidbox launch screen as normal I have carried out factory reset it makes no difference it just loads kodi . The box is now just a kodi box with no other functions and no means to load future versions etc please help

PKM

Jan 25, 2015
I Already have the t8 I bought the t8 plus for my daughter for xmas and until now we never got it going properly except as kodi box as explained in my original post , I have left her with my working t8 I now have the plus , is there much difference between them do you know - shall I swap back or just leave her with the t8 , suppose I will have to upgrade them both to new kodi 17 soon anyway how long will Jarvis be supported , sorry for all the questions .

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Main differences:
T8s plus has a better, faster processor (amlogic s812 vs s802).
T8s plus has more on board storage.
T8s plus has capability to add a hard disk drive
T8s plus runs android 5 - potentially could upgrade to android 6 dependent on chip manufacturer providing an update
T8s can run Kodi 17

T8 runs android 4.4.2. Unlikely to upgrade to android 5.
Because of this t8 cannot run Kodi 17.

There is no great requirement to upgrade Kodi to 17 (although on your t8s plus if you have used Google play services as the source, and auto updates is switched on, it will auto update). Kodi 16 will be supported for a long time yet.

Both are great machines. I would say the t8s plus is the quicker and the better of the two.

Reactions: sblabs