Guinnessdublin

Feb 9, 2015
Hi, have just got my x7 box wow what an amazing box of tricks anyway still finding my feet. Found tv catchup app pre installed was dead so googled it & ended up downloading plugin zip file which did not fix problem got it working by downloading app from play store & updating it, what I would like to know/ how to do is to uninstall these downloaded zip files from my storage please as for the life of me can't see how ?
Many Thanks In Advance!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If they are ZIP files, were they add-ons for XBMC?
If so, follow these steps to remove the add-on from XBMC.
Open XBMC>System menu>Add-ons>Enabled add-ons>Video add-ons>Find the add-on(s) you want to remove and click on them>Click the uninstall button>repeat until you've removed any add-ons you don't want>Return to XBMC's homescreen

If you've done that, or want to keep the add-ons in XBMC, but remove the downloaded ZIP files from your Download directory, open up ES File Explorer, expand the LOCAL menu at the top, and click on Download. Locate the files you want to delete, and long click on them. Menu at the bottom will offer a delete option.

Guinnessdublin

Feb 9, 2015
If they are ZIP files, were they add-ons for XBMC?
If so, follow these steps to remove the add-on from XBMC.
Open XBMC>System menu>Add-ons>Enabled add-ons>Video add-ons>Find the add-on(s) you want to remove and click on them>Click the uninstall button>repeat until you've removed any add-ons you don't want>Return to XBMC's homescreen

If you've done that, or want to keep the add-ons in XBMC, but remove the downloaded ZIP files from your Download directory, open up ES File Explorer, expand the LOCAL menu at the top, and click on Download. Locate the files you want to delete, and long click on them. Menu at the bottom will offer a delete option.

Hi thanks for reply, okay have found zip files I want to delete as before but sorry when you say Long click to delete how do you perform this using the i8 wireless key board please?

Guinnessdublin

Feb 9, 2015
Bottom left of the trackpad, you'll find a button with an icon of a mouse, with the left mouse button filled in. Hold that down over the file.

Okay great will try that, what does right hand mouse icon perform then please?
Is their any info anywhere I can look at for other button uses also, as have searched all I can fined is reviews on keyboard & for other users on here to help with please?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Not sure how much of this will survive the copy and paste, let me know if it is the same as you already have:

Mini Wireless

Keyboard Touchpad Combo

Installation & User Manual

Ver:2.3
Overview

Thank you for purchasing the Wireless Mini QWERTY Keyboard &Touchpad Combo. Youcan use it for emails, chat, or to enjoy your favoritegames. It is compatible with HTPC, Smart TV, TVBOX running Android systems.It also supports Sony Playstation3. Use it with your HTPC on yourSofa or browse the internet in the most comfortable fashion.

Product Image

clip_image002.jpg

Package contents

· Keyboard touchpad Combo

· USB Wireless Receiver

· User Manual

· USB ChargingCable

System Requirements

· HID compatible device

· Terminal with USB port

· Windows 2000

· Windows XP

· Windows Vista, Windows CE, Windows 7, Windows 8

· Linux(Debian-3.1, Redhat-9.0, Ubuntu-8.10, Fedora-7.0 tested)

· Android OS (With standard USB interface)

Specifications

Receiver(dongle): Nano style

Connection port : With USB2.0 above

Transmissionmode: GFSK 2.4GHz wireless, up to 10 meters

TransmissionPower: Less than +4db

Power supply: Rechargeable polymer Lithium-ion battery

Charging voltage: 4.4V ~ 5.25V

Charging current: 300mA

Sleeping current class1: 30uA

Operation voltage: 3.7V

Operating current: <15mA

Product weight: 110g

Product size: 146.8*97.5*19mm

Installation

· Open the giftbox and pick up the USB receiver from back cover of the keyboard.

· Insert the USB Receiver into an available USB port.

· Turn on the keyboard.

The keyboard will be found automatically. No furtheractions are required – you are now ready touse your keyboard!

Note:USB cable can only be used for battery charging.

Using the Touchpad

The touchpad is activated together with the keyboard. When the keyboard is on, the keyboard is ready for use.

You will enjoymore convenience and controlon-screenmenu easier.

Auto Sleep and Wake-up featureThe keyboard supports auto sleep and wake-up. Without operation around 3 minutes, the keyboard will enter sleep mode. In sleep status, all LED indicators are off. Pressing any key can wake it up.

Switching off the keyboard after use

After use,push the switch to the “OFF” position to turn it off. The USBreceiver does not need to be pulled out from the terminal. You can use it next time directly.

Charging the battery

The device uses built-in lithium-ion battery. Please use onlyapproved data cables and chargers.

Note: Fully charge the unit before initial operation.This device can be used when charging, but charging time will be extended.

When the battery is low, the low-voltage light will blink towarn the user. The unit will be automatically turned off if the batteryhas been depleted.

Warning

· When charging finishes, pull out the charging cable.

· Never try to open or repair this product yourself.

· Keep this device away from fluids, such as water.

Maintenance

· Do not attempt to disassemble the device or replace the rechargeable battery. Doing so will void thewarranty.

· The battery will discharge whenit is stored for a long time without operation.

· Use the specified charger. Disconnect the device when the battery is fully charged.

Overcharging will shorten the battery life.

· Do not expose the device in extreme heat or cold environment, which will shorten the battery life.

Disposal

clip_image004.jpg
Always dispose the used appliance at arecycling centre. Do not dispose the usedappliance together with the household waste.

Note:

Due to 2.4G wave technology adoption,the connection

can be subject to interference from obstacles, like walls,

metals, or other electronicdevices. Please keep the space between the keyboard and USB receiver free of obstacle.

In line with the policy of continued development, themanufacturer reserves the right to amend. The specificationswithout priornotification. The illustrations in the user manual are for reference only. Please operate according to the real design.

Guinnessdublin

Feb 9, 2015
Hi okay many thanks all deleted now so easy when you know how, yes this info came with keyboard just wanted to know what other buttons performed rather then just pressing & finding out!
Cheers!

Guinnessdublin

Feb 9, 2015
Hi, just like I have said above would be good to know what all the buttons to side of querty keyboard done really!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
This is on a T8 - you can remap some of the keys to different functions in Android, so using this remote on a different device may result in different apps being launched... (Windows PCs will also obviously have different shortcuts assigned, and some buttons on the i8 may not be mapped to anything right now)

Top left button, quartered circle with a Play button in the middle - Opens the browser app
Below that, envelope icon - Opens the e-mail application (not the GMail specific one
The mute button sets volume to zero
Left mouse button you know already
The circle to the left - volume up and down work as expected, as did pause and Next/Prev track, assuming you have a media player app open at the time
The standby button puts the T8 into a sleep, turning off the TV output, however turning on didn't work
The home button (below the standby button) worked as expected, taking me to my launcher
The magnifying glass starts a Google search
The right hand mouse button appears to be the same as clicking the Go Back/Return key on an Android phone/tablet
Up/Down/Left/Right/OK buttons on the right of the i8 operated as expected.
Holding down the blue Fn key (bottom left) and then tapping the Enter key reboots the T8.
Holding down the blue Fn key (bottom left) and then tapping the F9 key (giving you F11) opened XBMC
Holding down the blue Fn key (bottom left) and then tapping the F10 key (giving you F12) opened File Manager HD
Holding down the blue Fn key (bottom left) and then tapping the F7 key (giving you PrintScreen) took a standard Android screenshot

Let me know if there were other buttons you wanted to check the function of. Don't forget Tab normally moves the cursor to the next field.

Guinnessdublin

Feb 9, 2015
Hi, for some reason when using mouse curser on TV screen which was working fine until the next time I went to use it, now when I try to get it up it has now stopped coming up on screen have I pressed a wrong button by mistake please?
Battery is fully charged also!

Guinnessdublin

Feb 9, 2015
Hi, have taken battery out of keyboard & put back in all is okay again thank God, still like to know what button I pressed for future though????