very_random_man

Sep 19, 2017
Currently I have my DVD collection ripped to ISO files and I'm using Kodi with the Droidbox booted to LibreElec. I'm having some issues with TV show playback and wondered if anyone had any solutions to it.

Movies seem to work fine, with all the DVD menus showing as expected, but I'm experiencing some trouble with TV shows in that some ISOs work but most of them fail to play past the studio intro. So for example a BBC DVD might show a short video with the BBC logo and then playback will fail just at the point of loading the menu.

According to the log it's failing to find the correct codec. I also get another bunch of errors about not find the controls.

If I boot into Android and use DBMC, it works fine. Playback also works fine on Kodi on OSX. It just seems to be a problem with Kodi on LibreElec.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Are there any changes to the media settings that you guys would recommend?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You might want to browse through the relevant part of the Libreelec forum to see if anything here matches your issue.
(i used the search criteria libreelec iso playback in google to find the forum)
Also check which version of LE you have - some people are saying they did not have issues with 7.0.2

very_random_man

Sep 19, 2017
Thanks. I had a quick look. I found something about hardware acceleration from last year but I don't know much currently about LibreElec release cycles to know if that's still an issue. I'm using 8.0.2 I think as I bought my Droidbox quite recently so it's got Kodi 17.3 on there. If I find anything useful, I'll report back. :)

How 'baked-in' is LibreElec with this Droidbox? I've been assuming I can only update when Droidbox releases OTA updates but is it something that I could change if i wanted to?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Pretty much baked in. You could always try and update the firmware with for example a beta or slightly later libreelec but you run the risk of bricking the machine. So not recommended. At least getting an official dbx update you know it has been tested on dbx machines and processors, cpu etc.

very_random_man

Sep 19, 2017
I had a feeling that was the case. To be honest, that's one of the reasons i went with the Droidbox device. Don't really want to have to be dealing with the nuts and bolts myself. :)

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Might not help at all, but worth a shot (not sure if the DVD options apply equally to ISOs)

800px-Player_discs_DVD.jpg

If you head to the cog in top left of LibreELEC's Kodi homescreen, then the Player Settings area, then the Discs entry, can you try turning on (or turning off if turned on!) the "Attempt to skip intro" option? Reboot for good luck, then check if same issue occurs with ISO playback on the effected titles.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Ill take a look on my set up. Ive only ever used LE and Ive not had a problem so Ill check my settings. Never know there may be something slightly different.
Dave

Reactions: ChrisM

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
My set up may also be slightly different as I have the T8 Mini and I play my Iso files in full from my NAS through the network through my T8.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi again,
This is my DVD set up in LE only. nothing spectacular. I have just tested a full ISO through my T8 connected to my NAS. All menus work and I can select whatever I need to play even the theatre posters sections.
Hope this helps in some way.
Dave
LE.jpg

Reactions: ChrisM