Tim Croft

Jan 11, 2016
Lincoln
Hi,

I've been having loads of problems with Wookie wizard recently in that nothing would play. I'd trying 10 or 20 films before one would play. This has occurred on my other android device (not a droid box). I've tried to change the wizard, so refreshed everything and started again. I go to system/file manager and add source, I add the source (tried ares (http://www.areswizard.co.uk/zip/) and touchtone) but I get the following error message every time on both devices:

Couldn't retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add it anyway?

I'm totally baffled by this. All my other friends are not having these issues. I do have BT broadband and have disabled the parent controls for both devices. I've rebooted the router and checked the broadband speed and everything ok.

PLEASE HELP

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Quite often it is due to a trivial typo in the web address (with my eyes i often enter ; for : ). Or the web address may be out of date. Recheck and try again. Of course the web site itself may be down - check the developers twitter or facebook page to confirm.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
For future readers of this thread, BT's Parental Control is only 1/2 the issue when connecting for the first time (or after a factory reset). If the modem/router came from BT, you'll need to open a browser on your DroidBOX and try to visit this forum - https://DroidBOXForums.com . When the BT logo appears, click the GET STARTED button. After that, you can (re)confirm your choice of using the Parental Block or not, but until that Get Started button gets a click, you'll get nowhere.
@Tim Croft I appreciate this wasn't what happened here, just posting for future readers of this forum.

Reactions: thegazsheard

Eddyad

Feb 12, 2016
Bishop Auckland
Hi,

I've been having loads of problems with Wookie wizard recently in that nothing would play. I'd trying 10 or 20 films before one would play. This has occurred on my other android device (not a droid box). I've tried to change the wizard, so refreshed everything and started again. I go to system/file manager and add source, I add the source (tried ares (http://www.areswizard.co.uk/zip/) and touchtone) but I get the following error message every time on both devices:

Couldn't retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add it anyway?

I'm totally baffled by this. All my other friends are not having these issues. I do have BT broadband and have disabled the parent controls for both devices. I've rebooted the router and checked the broadband speed and everything ok.

PLEASE HELP
You also have to go into the router advanced settings, home network, smart setup, and the disable "smart setup".

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
Hi,

PLEASE HELP
Can you try to install Wookie through Add source option and see if that works as it might be the problem with server.
You can follow the below video to install Wookie through Add source option: