D.D.

Jul 23, 2014
I signed up for a trial with unblock us, they have instructions on how to use the service on Android, but I can't find the option to change DNS on the Droidbox (I want to watch USA netflix using the app, XBMC is mainly to watch live sport).
How do I do that?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Whether WiFi or Ethernet, you'll need to manually specify your IP settings.

Right now they'll be set to DHCP (if they were already manually set, you'd have seen where to enter DNS settings). Head to Android settings, then either WiFi or Ethernet. Depending on your firmware settings, you'll either need to long click on your connection and select something like advanced/settings or look for an Advanced menu along the top right of the screen.
Change it from to DHCP to Manual or Static. You'll first want to check you know this info:

Your modem/router's IP address: (likely to be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1)
Netmask: Almost always 255.255.255.0 on a home network. If it isn't, you'll know this already :)
The IP address you want for your DroidBOX: You can either set an IP address to be reserved in our modem/router, restrict the size of your modem/router's DHCP pool, or just pick a high number, like 192.168.0.200 or 192.168.1.200

DNS servers: Unblock us presumably told you this already.

That is the route I'd take, UNLESS you'll need to change DNS servers when you don't want to access US Netflix. In which case DNS Changer Root - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cosmicexploration.dnschanger - would make sense. You can create widgets to enable quick switching of DNS servers. When you set up the app for the first time, it isn't 100% intuitive. I've not used it in a while, but I do remember it took a bit of head scratching to get it properly working. Let me know if you struggle and I'll dig the app out and check it for you.

Reactions: D.D.

D.D.

Jul 23, 2014
I came back to delete the thread, but you were to quick to respond :)
It was just a problem with the air mouse not scrolling down properly, and the options were hidden, I just pressed enter a few times and the cursor went down.
thank you

Reactions: ChrisM

Tony

Jul 15, 2014
DD that made me smile.. as I had same prob when I first got my box.. air mouse/keypads do take a while to get used to lol