Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
was looking to use this rather than a US vpn to watch nbc sports extra , according to some reviews i have read they don't slow down youe reception like a lot of VPN's do ,they have a free 8 day trial. Large list of compatible devices but no Specific boxes other than the roku type.
Says android above 4.0
Would the T8 be classified under that heading ?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Yes, our devices would come under the Android heading, and the operating system is KitKat (4.4), so 4.0+ would be correct.

[edit]
If you could spare the time, once you've tested it, might you be able to give us some feedback, we're (as in staff and customers) are always interested to hear how well these sort of systems work in the real world.

Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
Unotelly.com, took out the 8 day free trial , i wanted it purely to get access to a decent stream for the saturday 3.00phm kick offs. NBC live sports extra , have got that only watched the golf channel so far , tomorrow will be the test.
Doing a few checks at the moment to see whether the dns has affected my ability to watch a couple of channels on xbmc , namely UK tv on filmon and !tv. , it appears the these two channels won't work through xbmc since i got the DNS but they work on apps on the droidbox. More updates after the football.

Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
football , eg NBC multi choice PL coverage is fine , a little bit of buffering but nowt to worry about. Innately offers a lot of free channels but they appear to be the common stuff available widely, so basically its just the smartDNS that I am using the site for , going to take out a month contract this week .

Reactions: ChrisM

mark findlow

Apr 3, 2015
How do you download/install a VPN/DNS and then how do you access the NBC streams? Are they hd quality too? Sorry for all the questions joe but love my footy.

Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
Same here mate footie mad me , am a mackem so the beer is flowing hahaha.
Vpn, dns , just google vpn and you will see site offering them , some will do 1 week or 2 week free trials but its usually with testricted band width so you can get buffering. Look for a site that gives you the option of changing the location of the IP address , so that if for instance you are watching from a vpn say with a california location and you are suffering from buffering , you can swap it to texas or wherever, hang on and will give you a couole of options
Datho vpn
Smart DNS
Both the above are very popular .

mark findlow

Apr 3, 2015
So which one are you using pal?

Re using the VPN etc how do you install it etc. Do you just log on to the site and register or do you have to install on your android.

And once that's done how do you physically access the NBC streams through your android?

Sorry for the questions - this is totally new to me mate.