Eddyad

Feb 12, 2016
Bishop Auckland
Anyone willing to test it? Out now..
I downloaded it and it offered to "factory reset and Update" or "Update". I chose to "Update" and looked as everything went well as it closed down and restarted claiming to be installing the update. When it finished it restarted I went to OTA update and it was offering the same update. Tried this a couple of times, the same outcome.

Geemeister

Sep 30, 2015
Wirral
I downloaded it and chose 'factory reset'. Worked a treat with no issues (apart from still being offered the same update as noted by previous poster Eddyad)

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
If it ain't broke don't fix it are the words that spring to mind regarding updating your boxes. Am staying well clear in the future until Kodi gets an update in openelec!!

mickr62

Mar 3, 2016
Well this is update from android , nothing to do with openelec i thought. One would think that updates are released with improvements to previouse version and have been well tested.

Mickr

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Yeah I totally agree updates are for improvements but if you were to read the posts on earlier updates, they would make you very wary of future updates as having to put your own config with all your personal apps is a pain and very time consuming. Just my personal opinion as have had to a couple of times but enough is enough!! The T8s-Plus is a great box but the updates am staying clear of.

mickr62

Mar 3, 2016
I have only just brought this box , and one of the reasons I brought it was because of support droidbox suppose to have. But if the updates dont work I might as well brought a cheap one from ebay. As this is my first kodi box I think I still have quite a bit to learn.

Mickr

Reactions: Eddyad

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Droidbox are a good company and will get to the bottom of the teething problems with the new box and new lollipop f/w.

mickr62

Mar 3, 2016
Ok thanks for that. Can you tell me if I add an internal hard drive can you record to it or is it for storing and transferring file to.

with thanks
Mickr

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
I use it for solely transferring files/data to mate, it is illegal to record streams from Kodi to an int/ext hdd but many do and is possible. Am sure there is a thread on here about it, try a search for it. Enjoy you new device. Ps. Droidbox support is second to none.

NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
Yep, same problem with me. It has also messed up the Kodi shortcuts on the homepage.. Thanks again droidbox!

mickr62

Mar 3, 2016
Droidbox were aware of the problem with 1.0.3 so why release another update until that update rectify s the problem, seems rather pointless and only puts peoples backs up.

Mickr