Kolawole o

Dec 10, 2014
Hi, just to confirm if there is a plan to update the librtmp.so on T8 box. I can see that we are still using the one of aug 1 2008. but it is advisable to have an upto date librtmp as provider changes things a lot which may result in some videos not playing.

The latest librtmp was compiled by Red penguine march this year according to Kodi forum.

I have check the Librtmp.so on my box and there is no way to delete or replace hence my question here.

Thanks

Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
Hi, just to confirm if there is a plan to update the librtmp.so on T8 box. I can see that we are still using the one of aug 1 2008. but it is advisable to have an upto date librtmp as provider changes things a lot which may result in some videos not playing.

The latest librtmp was compiled by Red penguine march this year according to Kodi forum.

I have check the Librtmp.so on my box and there is no way to delete or replace hence my question here.

Thanks
Never heard of it

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Librtmp.so is a piece of software used by stream providers for video streaming. It is included as part of kodi/xbmc builds. The version you have on your machine will be the most stable at the time the kodi/xbmc build was created. So a t8 with xbmc (gotham) 13.2 will have the most stable version that was around at the time that build was created.

Some streaming sites need a later version of librtmp to work successfully. Add-ons that access these sites won't work fully until that latest version of librtmp is present in your kodi/xbmc build.

If this is a problem then you have the following choices:
1. Install a later stable version of kodi. Although the version of librtmp will most likely not be the most recent.
2. Install a Beta version of kodi which will usually have a more recent version of librtmp.so. But is likely to be buggy.
3. Download a kodi build that has included the latest version e.g. The red penguin version.
4. Download a later version of just the librtmp.so file. BUT....
a. Your box will need to be rooted
b. Every time you restart kodi you will lose the latest librtmp version and need to reload it next time.

For most users just keeping in line with formal kodi releases should be sufficient. I understand droidbox will be bringing kodi 14.1 to our t8 machines soon once testing is complete. This will help fix some issues if they are apparent on the sites you use.

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
I'm on Kodi 14.1 helix and testing is going great, the only problem I have found is it replays the video. Try sending a email to the office asking for the Kodi helix build and see if they will give you the zip file. Use the contact us at the bottom of the page.

Dave

Sal

Feb 14, 2015
Joe, I'm still on the modded version of Gotham 13.2, still running ok. Will look into upgrading when it comes available.
How did you get your Kodi Helix and wizard working on your box.

Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
Joe, I'm still on the modded version of Gotham 13.2, still running ok. Will look into upgrading when it comes available.
How did you get your Kodi Helix and wizard working on your box.
Wizards are widely available from a variety of sources running helix 14.1, the wizard on this site requires a user name and password , if you are asking because you cannot get those then i can list you alternatives m but it wouldn't be fair to post such info on this site ?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you want to discuss general add-ons from anywhere, we have no issue.
Here, people tend to be quite thoughtful with their posts. On facebook, people seem to think it's fine to link to competitors for hardware sales.
In a PM, if people want to send links to anything, assuming you're not spamming, feel free.

In terms of links/procedures for other video add-ons, repositories or Wizard-like add-ons, again feel free in threads as well. You might want to make it clear that DroidBOX can't officially support 3rd party add-ons... in other words if we can't figure out something amongst ourselves on this forum, customers using other Wizards need to appreciate the author of the code will be better able to help than the hardware vendor. With common sense and realistic expectations, all is good.

Reactions: Zebbedy