Machinist60

Apr 9, 2016
I am pretty new to a GooBang Doo MXIII Android 4.4 Quad Core Streaming Media Player and would appreciate help with upgrading the Kodi player and possibly the chrome browser. The installed chrome browser opens most urls with the exception of google play store, just a blank screen. How can I update the Dbox or download the updated apks to another android device or a PC and then install them on the Dbox? Is it possible to update the OS also?
I don't seem to be able to bluetooth pair the Dbox to a Nexus 7, the devices discover each other but never ask to be paired.
Thanks, John.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I think your best bet is to contact the goobang supplier machinist60. This forum is one for droidbox users. The set up of your machine sounds so different to droidbox that advice I give could be completely wrong and mess your machine up.
For example, on normal android machines we would normally access Google play via an icon not via the browser. Can you see a Google play icon anywhere? Then you should be able to update Google chrome.
Generic versions of kodi can be downloaded from Google play and also the official kodi download site.
So that is how you update kodi unless goobang offer their own customised version (droidbox do).
It is possible to transfer apks from an SD card or USB sticks to android boxes. Open a file explorer app on the android box which should see the stick and then copy the apks to a known place on the android box where they can be run. But really you should be using Google play store for that as you will also get auto updates.
Finally, regarding OS updates this will be via firmware updates from the supplier so contact them.
See if "goobang" have a forum for their users. One of the advantages of buying from an established reputable company like droidbox is the support and this user forum.
Good luck.

Machinist60

Apr 9, 2016
Thanks for your generous reply. I did not realise this forum is for a specific device, sorry. Your advice has enabled me to download apks for chrome and Kodi by not visiting Google Play, thank you. As yet I have not tried to install them.
John.

Reactions: Nigelar