Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Hi all,
I'll keep this short, and to the point - can you help?

I have a T8-s + and want to upgrade it to the latest Kodi & OpenELEC but I have met a brick wall.

I have done a restore from the matchstick method, wiped the cache & did a factory reset, then reboot.

Once loaded, I then did a download for Kodi from the Play-store. Problem is, when I click on the OpenELEC icon in the Android menu, it launches the 15.2 (Isengard) version and not the 16.1 version that I have just downloaded.

I know it's there because if I click on the Kodi icon from the apps, it loads the later 16.1 version - what is going on? I also noticed that the Droid OTA download, says that nothing is available but on their website it clearly says that the latest OTA (April) should update Kodi.

Any help please you as I am really stuck now!

Regards,
Ray(str)

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Openelec is still on 15.2 I'm afraid, it's being tested and might be available soon.
It's taken openelec a bit of time to release a stable version, they've had a few problems. If you need to run a wizard check out Sean's build for openelec 15.2 it's inside wookie and community builds.

Reactions: ChrisM

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Ray(str) Just FYI, download an app from Google's Play Store and you will have it in your Android operating system. OpenELEC is a separate operating system, so the apps/settings you download/apply in Android won't have any effect within OpenELEC.

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Thanks again fellers - Tried Sean's build by the way - really like it! thanks for the tip..

I have reverted back to Kodi 15.2 and I am back in business. Really annoying though when you know there is a newer stable version (16.0) available,
I don't like giving up but obviously, it is down to OpenELEC, as you say. Clearly, they don't feel it is safe yet to move away from Isengard.

I decided to restore the box from the toothpick method, so I am up and running again.

I suppose those lovely Droidbox peeps, will offer an update if and when one is available.

I just wanted to have a go at doing it myself that's all but no such luck - Blah!

Thanks again for your kind help lads........

Ray(str)