Deanski

Sep 18, 2014
Hi,how do i update to Gotham please on my Q7 ,can it be done using the browser on the box as i have no access to a SD card or USB stick,also will it wipe all the original apps that were installed when i bought the box ?,thanks

Deanski

Sep 18, 2014
The reason i have asked is that i am still trying to use the new custom skin but after a few attempts of running the wizard and unplugging the power lead i am still getting the 2 odd shape icons when playing a movie etc,im wondering if updating to Gotham this might remedy the bug ??

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Follow the steps in this area of the forum - Gotham XBMC - ONLY FOR X7 & Q7 Devices
You'll only be changing XBMC, the rest of your apps will remain the same. You can indeed use the Q7's browser to download the APK file, don't worry.
Don't forget the whole removing the power lead last step of the process.

[edit]
Ah, you've posted again, sorry - I didn't refresh the page before posting.

Deanski

Sep 18, 2014
Thanks will give it a try,i think the custom skin looks and work great but im still getting the missing bottom control bar and the `floating` icons,also i cant change the screen ratio when viewing PakIndia sports ;-)

Deanski

Sep 18, 2014
Before i do this do i uninstall xbmc from the settings page or just clear the data ?,thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Uninstalling XBMC or clearing it's data won't have removed any of your other Android applications. Yes, the add-ons will have been wiped out, as they are a part of XBMC's data.
However, re-running the DroidBOX Wizard will bring them back.