BlueChip

Jul 5, 2015
Hi - apologies if this is a really dumb question that's already been covered several times before, but despite searching I could not find an answer.

I have an I8+ keyboard remote control, that I use with my T8-S, but just cannot find a way to remotely turn the box on or off.

Is this even possible, or do I need to use 2 remotes/manually turn the box on or off.

Hope this is the right forum for this question too!

Thanks in advance...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Sorry for the long delay with this response. The i8+ doesn't have an infrared LED on it, so there is no way to send the power off code to the T8-S. Some of the other remote controls have an infrared LED on them, and can learn the codes from other remote controls. The i8 and i12 don't have this infrared capability, sorry.

Reactions: BlueChip

BlueChip

Jul 5, 2015
Thanks for the response, makes perfect sense and I really appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi SS, on this topic, on one of my older android boxes running 4.2.2, there appears to be a extended range of soft keys including a power off button. This allows a keyboard type remote to power off the box. I guess this was added as part of the box firmware as it doesn't seem to be a standard soft key. One possible solution for the future is to see if it can be re-added as part of the t8 firmware? This will help people like bluechip and others who use these devices.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com