pesandturok

Aug 16, 2018
Greetings guys,

I recently picked up a V88 and was trying to set it up for a hard wired ethernet connection. Thing is, I don't have an option to enable Ethernet on the Android settings (Marshmallow 6.0.1). I can use Wi-Fi just fine. I made the ethernet cable myself and tested it on my laptop where it worked just fine and with great signal. I turned off Wi-Fi but the box still doesn't pick up the ethernet connection. I have seen a video where the person with the same box had an "Ethernet Enable" option on the Android settings. I don't. Not really sure how I can enable it or at least check if it is enabled.
Would like to know if any of you have any idea how to enable it from somewhere else or a way to check its state.
I was also thinking about trying to set up a static IP for the box and try from there.

Thanks in advance.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Certainly you should see an ethernet connection option in settings - that is pretty standard. That said, I know some android boxes (e.g. some UGOOS supplied boxes) support wifi only by design.
I would certainly try another ethernet cable. If no luck try switching the modem off and on. Can you see any lights flashing on the ethernet port?
It is possible the unit is defective of course and you could reach out to the supplier for help.

pesandturok

Aug 16, 2018
Certainly you should see an ethernet connection option in settings - that is pretty standard. That said, I know some android boxes (e.g. some UGOOS supplied boxes) support wifi only by design.
I would certainly try another ethernet cable. If no luck try switching the modem off and on. Can you see any lights flashing on the ethernet port?
It is possible the unit is defective of course and you could reach out to the supplier for help.

Yes, I do see the lights flashing. The cable seems fine as it worked perfectly with my laptop. Not having a toogle for Ethernet in the settings is the weirdest think to me as it is running Marshmallow 6.0.1
I'll try another cable and restarting the modem to see if it helps, thank you.