ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
id managed to get my droidbox up n running yesterday after much tinkering around , movies HD from my NAS were playing smooth with surround sound 5.1 dolby , ive come to the box this AM and my videos play but are slow and lagging also sound isnt in 5.1 dolby , what could the issue be .dont really want to start from scratch again.

ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
back up now all ok , removed xbmc and re booted the NAS also droid box ethernet choice keeps dropping to off .

Ahmed

Aug 14, 2014
Hi,There

Okay but try the cable on another device and check if it working or now

Thanks
Ahmed

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Ian, I'm a little unclear from reading through these posts, sorry.
  • Original issue: films lag and only play in stereo
  • Original issue then ok, but 2nd issue where ethernet switch keeps turning off.
  • You're using WiFi. Given Ethernet option is turning off, are you hoping to switch to a cable?
  • 3rd issue(?): Something just happens with music
If I've missed a post in this thread, or I should be looking

ah, it looks as though you have meant to answer to this thread - http://droidboxforums.com/posts/525/ , but done it here?

Can you give me a run down on the problems that remain, and we'll try to get this sorted ASAP.

ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
Ok. I'm getting choppy music from my NAS server WD live book .all movies etc HD the lot play fine in Dolby digital but when I play music files it skips jumps to next song etc which is wearing thin. Haha

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
One of your threads is in the M6 forum, this is in the iMX6 area, which device do you have?
Can you temporarily share a folder on your PC, and drop a few tracks in there.
Mirror the setup/playback method that you're using with your NAS, and we'll see whether the problem remains.
Also, I'm assuming the music skips in XBMC? Did you try Ahmed's advice in the original music skipping thread, re. clearing the data (then re-running the wizard)?
Can you try using the ES File Explorer application, go right one screen to the network window, add your NAS as a network location, and play the MP3s outside of XBMC this way?
Hopefully finding where the error changes will help us to fix the original issue.

ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
the music skips in XBMC ive cleared the XBMC cache and seems better at the minute , do you know any good apps for streaming media out side of XBMC. tHANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT .

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If I'm not using the library in XBMC, I tend to use ES File Explorer to find content on my network shares, then MX Player for videos, and whatever media player I've not fiddled with in a while for music :)

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you ever find that MX Player doesn't display the image for a video, move the cursor to the top and switch from hardware acceleration to software acceleration. I think I read of a case where this helped with some music file formats when not played from local storage.

ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
playing music from NAS ok now with ES file explorer but video from NAS through MX PLAYER isnt coming through in dolby digital , ive gone back to watch video through xbmc as that was ok but thats now gone laggy n slow?? any ideas please.

dapex

Aug 10, 2014
How are you getting DD out of this box? is it HDMI into an amp or through the SPIDF connector?