James faulkner

Aug 10, 2016
I cant for the life of me get my VIP remote to mimic my sony tv power button, or any other button come to that.

I have successfully been able to mimic the power button from the standard remote so it is working. I'm just wondering if there is a known issue that is preventing me from mimicing the sony infrared

Any help would be welcomed as this is the only bad point to this box I have found.

Its a T8-S Plus package and I've had it 2 days.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I can't recall coming across that before. The Sony remote is definitely infrared only?

Quick test...
Find a cheap or old digital device with a camera in it (old phone etc). If you only have new ones, can still try, but they are more likely to have an infrared (IR) filter over the camera lens.
Start up the camera app on your device, point the Sony TV remote at the camera lens. Press the standby button (may as well test a few others).
You should see flashes appearing on the camera preview. If you don't, try a different camera. If NO cameras (if you get really desperate, old CCTV cameras don't have IR filters quite often) show the Sony remote flashing when you press the power button, then the message is being sent to your TV in a different way.