Lb1875

Aug 8, 2014
My VIP mini keyboard is draining batteries really quickly , I have to replace them every couple of days sometimes daily ,

Anybody had the same or is the remote duff ? Or am I doing something wrong with it lol !!!

Ps : luckily I get batteries for free so it's not costing me but its an annoyance ,

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Might I be right in assuming the free batteries aren't Duracell Ultra or similar?
If I use random batteries, the VIP remote does use them up quickly (though they'll still have enough charge to run normal infra-red remotes for weeks after that). If the voltage drops too low, the VIP remote won't work.
So, stick in a couple of Duracell Ultras, and when you're not using the remote for a few minutes or more, FLIP THE REMOTE OVER. This will disable the Air Mouse function (moving the on screen cursor by waving the remote around in the air).
Basically, when you don't need to move the cursor onscreen, then turn the remote over so that the QWERTY side is facing you.

Reactions: Lb1875

Lb1875

Aug 8, 2014
Yes normally just random ones from samsung and LG screens we install [emoji106]

I'll order some decent ones from work :)

Cheers for the reply dude

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, if you have an iPhone you get a free xbmc remote on the App Store, and its great for getting around xbmc, also for forwarding and rewinding to its also a key board to and shows you what you are watching. I doesn't have a mouse but saves battery's. if you look make sure you type in xbmc remote and its the 1st one

Reactions: Lb1875

Lb1875

Aug 8, 2014
Hi, if you have an iPhone you get a free xbmc remote on the App Store, and its great for getting around xbmc, also for forwarding and rewinding to its also a key board to and shows you what you are watching. I doesn't have a mouse but saves battery's. if you look make sure you type in xbmc remote and its the 1st one

Thanks for that ,

I'll give it a try [emoji106]

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, if you get it, you will need to go to system, and highlight remote then add a password, then on the iPhone (ipad)remote you need to do the same also put in your xbmc wifi no then one on your network (192.123.11.12) looks like that. It's normaly in system, system info and its there. Good luck it works a treat and you can add more and shows you what your watching. Enjoy....And thank you for the like much appreciated

Last edited: