1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VPN dropping internet connection

Discussion in 'DroiX X3 Android TV Box' started by Jim1981, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Jim1981

Jim1981 New Member

Upon connecting with a VPN the Ethernet connection is lost and the box needs to be restarted. Is there any configuration changes that need to be made or is it a firmware issue?

2. Dave C

Dave C Administrator Staff Member

It may be the VPN software that you are using or their servers are not very good. We recommend IPVanish https://droidbox.co.uk/vpn and you get a discount on the subscription as you are a DroiX customer.

3. Jim1981

Jim1981 New Member

4. paolo

paolo Member

I am returning my box today as I have same issue using PIA VPN, I don't this problem on T8 SE Libreelec, satellite receiver or laptop etc.. using the same VPN.

5. Dave C

I will check shortly with Ethernet. To confirm, you have downloaded the latest version of IPVanish from the Google Play Store?

UPDATE - Can you open IPVanish Settings, choose Connection and change to TCP connection. Does this resolve the issue?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  6. Jim1981

Jim1981 New Member

No difference ( IPVanish version 3.4.3.4.65815 ).
    Screenshot attached ( with duplicate network system icons )

Attached Files:

7. Dave C

Thanks. We are looking into this now.

Jim1981 likes this.
  8. Dave C

A quick workaround while we look into it further. You can use either UDP or TCP connection. Connect to a VPN and when the status says "Reconnecting" or something, disconnect and reconnect the Ethernet cable. It should now connect. You can confirm if working as the chart at the bottom should start updating to indicate transfer. And if you check the IP on google it should be updated to which Location you had chosen.

We are still looking into what is the cause of the issue and will update here asap. Thanks.

Jim1981 likes this.
  9. Jim1981

Jim1981 New Member

Any update on this?

10. Dave C

Sorry not yet. The manufacturers are looking into it, we hope to have some news soon. I will post here as soon as we get info.

Jim1981 likes this.
  11. Dave C

We have a fixed firmware and are testing it all before it goes live through an OTA update. I will post here and in Announcements when it is available.

Art and Jim1981 like this.
  12. Art

Art New Member

I have recently purchased the X3 I am also having problems with losing Ethernet connection when I launch PIA VPN, it works fine on my old android box running version 7, will there be fix for this, is there a bug maybe in version 9

13. Dave C

Please see above reply. We are currently testing the firmware and hope to have it released as an OTA update soon.