David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Ok, normally a android will have a lot of back ground apps still running and this all re juices the CPUs performance. When you switch over to openelec it shuts down everything so only Kodi openelec is running. That means that the CPUs work just for Kodi, so smooth and better performance. Also better suited for a HDD. Some people set one Kodi for kids friendly and the other for more adult content. Hope this helps and enjoy....

Dave

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
Also I've noticed ram usage is a lot less in openelec, I've not seen any buffering at all with openelec, as a result I don't bother with kodi on android any more

Tahir

Jul 29, 2015
Can someone confirm the best way to switch off the box in openelec with a hard drive installed please?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
You can switch back to android and power off, or you can just power using the power off. Then next time you power on it goes straight to openelec.
I myself switch back to android 1st as I check my emails and other things.
Hope this helps you.

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
yep i go back to android before powering off, if i dont when openelec starts up the date shows 1970 but then i do unplug the power when not in use so this could be the reason for that

clacka

Sep 10, 2015
Hi all, very new to this and have got the t8s- how do you go into open electric and how would I know if I already use it?

Trevor Boyce

Sep 20, 2015
Hi also very new to this have got the t8s as well, please how do I get back to android from openelec ?

Last edited:

clacka

Sep 10, 2015
Once in open elec can I configure the skin so it is the same as when opening xbmc eg spiderman skin? How would I do this if its possible please?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
If you go to system, then Appearence and in your right go to skin and change it to confluence modded and that should do it. One thing when you go to go back to android you will have to change it back to the normal confluence skin. Hope this helps.....

Dave

Duane webb

Aug 20, 2015
Hi Dave,

Everytime I change the skin to the modded version in open elec it says script failed in favourites script and then none of the favourites of the wizard are displayed like the android version. Any ideas what the problem could be, I really like the look and feel of the skin with the spiderman etc. When I flip back to android it works perfectly.

clacka

Sep 10, 2015
Hi Dave, the reason I used spiderman background as an example is that when u set the skin to that a number of helpful links appear below each of the categories (MOVIES/SPORTS etc) which seems to disappear with the standard format. I am new to this so any help really appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
with the kodi default skin you can still add the shortcuts by going
system
settings
appearence
settings
addon shortcuts
then just choose which ones you want.
if a picture of spiderman or whatever is your thing you can download something and set it as background

Reactions: David Savage