Estwing

Feb 1, 2015
Hi finally did the Ota update on my T8s now got to load Kodi,
On the Droidbox site it's asking me to do 16.0 or 15.2 which would you advise thx
Also is there anyway for it to say Kodi on home screen rather than xbmc thx.

Last edited:

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
On the Droidbox site it's asking me to do 16.0 or 15.2 which would you advise thx
Hi

Kodi(XBMC) is one the same thing.

Since Kodi older versions does not deprecate in a long time,feel free to use Kodi 15.2!

Regards

Reactions: Qaisir

Estwing

Feb 1, 2015
Hi, I know Kodi and Xbmc are the same thing,
Just wondered about replacing the Xbmc button on home screen to Kodi,
Also whether it was worth installing Kodi 16 now or waiting a while,thx for reply but not real answered the question.
Thx

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
Kodi 16, is good to go! Stable version has been released and there are, in my eyes no major noticeable differences. You can stay on 15.2 Isengard but bare in mind addons over time will lose compatibility.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
You can't change the XBMC with Kodi on the Home screen as it depends upon the firmware that is installed on the device.
If you are comfortable with Kodi 15.2 then you can stay on that otherwise you can install Kodi 16 from PlayStore.
You can follow the below video to know how to install/update Applications through Google PlayStore:

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You may find the xbmc icon on your screen stops working when you download a new version of kodi. This happened to me. A workround is to create a kodi shortcut on the home screen. Another more elegant option is to replace the current launcher screen with something like nova launcher and configure it yourself.

Reactions: ChrisM

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi, I know Kodi and Xbmc are the same thing,
Just wondered about replacing the Xbmc button on home screen to Kodi,
Also whether it was worth installing Kodi 16 now or waiting a while,thx for reply but not real answered the question.
Thx
Hi

Modifying existing launcher is not possible,but what you can do is install third party one from google play store and customize it to your needs !

Regards

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Kodi 16, is good to go! Stable version has been released and there are, in my eyes no major noticeable differences. You can stay on 15.2 Isengard but bare in mind addons over time will lose compatibility.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Hmm,true but only half!

What would rather happen is add ons not moving forward to the new version and actually be incompatible with new version for some time until new updates,so its more other way around rather than the way that you described !

Regards

Reactions: thegazsheard