kevuk79

Feb 23, 2016
Has anyone noticed when you are connected to a Droidbox via internet that any dervices connected to a wireless drop out, is there anything I can do to fix this, as it's very annoying.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I have never noticed this. Other than the more devices you have on a network with limited bandwidth the less broadband will be available for other devices. And streaming will need a fair wedge of BB resource ( 4mb minimum for sd, 10mb for hd).

kevuk79

Feb 23, 2016
I should of said on my original post that I do have a fibre connection and the download speed is 71mb, I'm just suprised that it's causing some problems.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
To be sure run some speed tests on each device using the same app (e.g. ookla speed test).
Run 2 sets of tests:

Set 1:
Each device in isolation, nothing else running using wifi. Record results

Set 2:
Each device while a stream is running on the droidbox (inc the droidbox). Record results and compare.

71mb should be bandwidth enough. The only variable should be distance from router which would affect performance for more distant devices.

Be interesting to see results even if there isnt much we can do about it.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
There was a Virgin (the ISP) supplied modem/router that didn't like some devices, similar behaviour occurred. Check at a friends (if they don't have the same ISP as you) if you get a chance, see if that indicates how this occurs. Might be worth checking specifically for firmware updates for your modem/router or any router configurations that might stop it dropping the other clients.