Nick H

Dec 30, 2014
Can anyone help? For some reason my imx6 box has stopped connecting to my wi fi, when I go into the settings it won't turn on, I have tried the below but that won't work!

"Android Settings menu stops being able to turn on WiFi. If this occurs, please open File Manager HD, go to the Options menu, tick Root Explorer (please grant root access when asked), then tick mount system folders.

navigate to the /data/misc/wifi folder

Scroll to the wpa_supplicant file and click & hold the OK button

Select delete and confirm you're sure

Turn off your iMX6, reboot and go back to the WiFi settings page, you should now be able to turn it on and select your WiFi network."

Any ideas!

Cheers

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can you long click the WiFi network you're trying to connect to (don't let go of the OK button until a menu appears), and select Forget Network.
Then try logging onto it again.
Ah, sorry, just re-read that WiFi won't actually turn on, rather than refusing to connect to one specific network.
Please e-mail us ( [email protected] ) with the info mentioned here - http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/ and ask for the latest firmware for your iMX6, we'll see if re-flashing the firmware helps. If you don't have an SD memory card you can use for this procedure, please let us know, and have a USB device formatted with a FAT/FAT32 partition to hand.