Doublegee

Feb 28, 2015
I've not had to post for months and months. My box is connected fine as I can watch and download Showbox films without problem. A few days ago, Kodi started to play up and yesterday it would not launch.
I decided to uninstall Kodi and install latest version....which it. I wanted to now install a Kodi Build (I thought of trying The BEAST). However after typing in the HTTP address it tells me that it cannot connect to server. I've tried other builds, the same message comes up.
I know the DROIDBOX it's Wi-Fi connected and working, but the Kodi part is the problem.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
There are generally 3 reasons for this error:

1. User error - you typed the url wrong
2. Server error - the host server is kaput
3. The url has changed

If you are using ares wizard to load builds i know they have reported some issues.

Try downloading a single addon e.g. phoenix to prove basic kodi functionality is good

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you get stuck still, let us know a couple of the EXACT URLs you're typing in @Doublegee and we can check them as well. Options 1 and 3 from Nigelar's list are the most common in terms of support investigations during phone call/remote session.

Very unlikely, but also worth checking in Kodi (if Android, openELEC is different):
System (click it)
System (bottom of the list)
Internet access

Make sure you've not got a proxy server set accidentally. That would lead to internet working outside of Kodi, but not within it (assuming the proxy server configuration wasn't actually valid!).

If you ever need to check in OpenELEC, Program Add-ons>openELEC Config>Network and Connections tabs need checking over.

Doublegee

Feb 28, 2015
The problem was with the kodi download. I've how gone via google play store and the problem is resolved. Thanks guys.

Reactions: Nigelar