Graham

Jul 26, 2014
Is this the first time you have used the box or has it just stopped working. Is it an x7 and are you in launcher settings or android advanced settings. Will it not switch on or will it just not connect to your network as some routers need a button to be pressed to allow connection. You may need admin support but you should try some things first.

Andrew Wilson

Aug 3, 2014
Ive had this box around 3 month. The same thing Happened to my previous box and was replaced with a 'brand new' box. I presume it was second hand. Problem with the box is the wifi will not turn on at all. I will try and reload gotham fresh. When u click the Wifi on/off tab The wifi will not switch to on?????

Graham

Jul 26, 2014
You won't be able to reload gotham without internet. You could try going into android settings and try a backup and reset which may reset WiFi but options are limited without an internet connection.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
On an X7 (and other RockChip based devices), only the Recovery Menu based factory reset seems to work, doing it via the normal Backup & Reset sub-menu within Android's settings doesn't seem to actually work.
Gotham XBMC has nothing to do with your WiFi at all. Did you mean you're planning to flash a firmware image (a different version of Android itself) to the X7?

Andrew Wilson

Aug 3, 2014
Got the wifi back on. But nothing seems to be working in xbmc. When you try to play something from ilive you get the playback failed pop up. Or try to load a menu in GOmovies you get the script failed in the bottom right corner. Ive reloaded the droidbox wizard and still not one program will work in xbmc. Im still on gotham. Is this still the most upto date FW? Thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
You could try SPMC to see if it behaved any better with the add-ons. Install it via the Play Store app (https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/googles-play-store-signing-in-and-auto-updates/ if you've not used that before) and e-mail us ( [email protected] ) for the DroidBOX Wizard add-on (you'll need to add this manually). Include the info mentioned here - http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/
Unless your X7 is from a long time ago, it came with the most recent firmware, don't worry.

Andrew Wilson

Aug 3, 2014
Just put the new update on for the droidbox wizard. And still getting loads of red crosses in the bottom right hand corner when the addons are updating and script failures. Ilive will not work at all. Constant script failure when it is trying to play the stream. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Andrew Wilson

Aug 3, 2014
In the response i got from droidbox support it only mentioned xbmc? Should send them an email and ask for the spmc wizard?

Andrew Wilson

Aug 3, 2014
There is no droidbox wizard in the addons in spmc. Everytime i start up xbmc getting multiple error messages. Dont know what to try next? Any suggestions? Thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
When you e-mail support, did they send a link for the ZIP file, and instructions on how to install it in XBMC? If so, please follow the steps suggested. You'll end up with SPMC installed on your device, with the add-ons and tweaks that our Wizard install for you. SPMC is based on XBMC's code.