Scottnufc

Jan 3, 2015
Fellas... Have any of you experienced any issues with connecting via Ethernet cable? For some reason my box doesn't like it! Will only work when wifi is turned on. If I turn it off but plug the Ethernet in, and ensure Ethernet option is selected in settings, it just don't give me a connection.

Appreciate any feedback in advance. You're always very helpful!

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, what box do you have and have you tried another cable just in case. I'm going offline soon but I will look into it for you. Are you still able to watch stuff using wifi..or is Ethernet the way you want to go. Some people say they get better speeds using wifi but I myself prefer Ethernet to keep a constant connection.

Scottnufc

Jan 3, 2015
Hello mate. X7 box. Yeah the cable is fine, it works when I plug it into xbox. Yeah wifi works spot on, it's just the wired connection for some reason, so no rush. I just wanted to see if the connection was better wired, but never been able to. No rush mate, i can still watch on wifi, just a minor inconvenience. My friends works fine on Ethernet connection so just thought it may have been a setting I have missed or something.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi again, been looking around to see if there's a fix. When you plug the cable in make sure it right in and do you get any lights flashing, because I've found a few x7's have this problem. Now if you want to start changing setting, there's a thread on this forum under x7 and x7 ultimate named>Connecting via Ethernet witch might help you. Hope this helps you and good luck.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Scottnufc - I think the ethernet socket is auto-switching on our DroidBOX devices, so it shouldn't matter if the cable is wired for patch or crossover. Just in case, can you look down the length of the ethernet cable and check for any references to X-over, Patch etc?
For the purposes of testing, you could try switching to a manually assigned IP address, see https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/from-dynamic-to-static/ just in case your device has issues picking up an address from the DHCP pool.