Davecl

Mar 15, 2016
Hi
Everything was fine yesterday but today my droidbox won't boot. It gets to the Android is starting notification and then pops into what looks like a wallpaper screen (looks like an island in an ocean) and that's it... sticks on that and won't respond.
any help appreciated
thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Assuming a reboot does not solve the problem the general advice in these cases is to run a factory reset. Depending on how long you've had the machine, one of the known causes was a misbehaving games app. This has since been fixed, so make sure you have all the latest OTA updates and fixes installed.

Davecl

Mar 15, 2016
I have had it less than 6 months. I have not installed anything on it apart from a couple of kodi addons and just done OTA updates a few days ago.
I'm hoping that I don't have to do a factory reset as I hhave quite a lot of files that would have to be re scanned by kodi.

Davecl

Mar 15, 2016
Update.. I've just gone into the recovery menu and booted into openelec and that seems fine so I'll make do with that till Ican find a solution or pluck up courage to do a reset

Trademark

Jul 30, 2016
Fairhope, Al.
Mine just did the same exact thing. And I've only had my t8s plus a few hours. What can I do? How to u reset? Why is this happening to me?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
There was a known bug earlier this year which caused this type of error relating to the droidbox play market app. I believe this was fixed by a subsequent ota update. If you have bought these machines recently then can you both contact droidbox support direct at [email protected]? Its possible you've picked up some older stock before the ota fix was applied or it may be a new bug they will be interested in.

A factory reset will likely delete apps, files etc but any firmware updates will be retained. Make sure you back up any stuff you dont want to lose.

See this link for a reference to the play market bug.

https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/how-to-use-droidbox-play-market/

Davecl

Mar 15, 2016
Thanks Nigelar
I contacted support and got their stock reply.. factory reset.
So i took the plunge, backed up what i needed to and reset it.
All seems fine now, cheers

Reactions: ChrisM and Nigelar