Jusuk777

Jan 8, 2016
Hi, everyone and greeting. I'm very new to all this and not tech minded at all so please bar with me.

I have a DroidBox T8-s Plus OpenELEC

I’ve just about managed to work things out bit by bit from this forum and via videos, but I have a couple of questions if anyone can please help me.

I don't have Wookie on my on box, my 1st question is, it is a must have for Wookie, as the videos I’ve watch not once has anyone said you have to have it. If its not a necessity what are the advantages?

My 2nd question, do I always have to switch out of Kodi to get to Android and then vice versa.

My last question is I can guarantee you I’m using my box the way it should be, changes things, screen display, addons and setting etc etc so any tips out there greatly appreciate ( unless anyone around the Wigan can come to sort it willing to ££ even better)

Thank you for reading and offering any help.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
I prefer to put the repos on that I need and the addons that I want rather than using a wizard to fill up your kodi with a load of addons/repos that will never get used and clutter up the build. Wookie lite is decent as it isn't as big and can always be added to with the streams that you want customising it to your preferences. Goodluck choosing!!

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi, everyone and greeting. I'm very new to all this and not tech minded at all so please bar with me.

I have a DroidBox T8-s Plus OpenELEC

I’ve just about managed to work things out bit by bit from this forum and via videos, but I have a couple of questions if anyone can please help me.

I don't have Wookie on my on box, my 1st question is, it is a must have for Wookie, as the videos I’ve watch not once has anyone said you have to have it. If its not a necessity what are the advantages?

My 2nd question, do I always have to switch out of Kodi to get to Android and then vice versa.

My last question is I can guarantee you I’m using my box the way it should be, changes things, screen display, addons and setting etc etc so any tips out there greatly appreciate ( unless anyone around the Wigan can come to sort it willing to ££ even better)

Thank you for reading and offering any help.
Hi

1-Wookie wizard is not required in order for Kodi to operate.

You can use some other wizard if you want to,or install some of the default add ons that are built inside the Kodi.

Its all about what kind of media you are in to and what you like to watch.

2-If you have openELEC OS on your box,you do not actually have to use it.openELEC is there if people do not want to use android and only want to stream,or to speed up things on low end hardware,which is not the case with our boxes.

Feel free to use Kodi app inside android OS itself.

3-There is no specific way how you should or should not use your box.Its all matter of preference and use case for the particular user.

If you have more questions,feel free to reply!

Regards

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Try bestforkodi or mjd, just search either in Google and they will show you how to install whatever you want in Kodi.

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
Wizards like wookie and the beast are for lazy people like me they just install everything and there's no thinking involved, suits me

Reactions: Nigelar

erdie

Dec 22, 2015
Hi

1-Wookie wizard is not required in order for Kodi to operate.

You can use some other wizard if you want to,or install some of the default add ons that are built inside the Kodi.

Its all about what kind of media you are in to and what you like to watch.

2-If you have openELEC OS on your box,you do not actually have to use it.openELEC is there if people do not want to use android and only want to stream,or to speed up things on low end hardware,which is not the case with our boxes.

I have found that a lot of addons work in OpenELEC Kodi, but not in the Android Kodi. Why is that and how can I get them to work in the Android version?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You will need to provide more details to allow us to replicate your problem. What
Addons are you referring to? What were you doing and what was the error? I can then test out on the android side to see if i get the problem and diagnose it.

Reactions: ChrisM