Vittorrio

Sep 23, 2015
Hi all,
I got my T8 yesterday and have been having quite a few issues already.
Firstly, is there anyway to have Wookie installed and ALSO be able to use Kodi/XBMC to view my own content on a NAS drive? The reason I bought the T8 was to replace my Mede8er 600. I like the layout of Kodi movie files etc.

Secondly, if I try to update using 'OTA Updater' I am presented with an error. Under 'Available Updates' it says 'Error fetching update info: Invalid ROM ID (DroidBOX T8_OWN)!

Anybody got any ideas for either issue? Thanks

Vittorrio

Sep 23, 2015
Hi, me again....
Is this a silly question and is everyone laughing at me behind their keyboards/phones/tablets etc? To be honest, I do feel like I'm missing something obvious.

I've gone back to factory settings, set up the Droidbox with my NAS and scanned all my files. Everything has gone well except that a few movies have the wrong art work, but this can be changed by updating the file name with a year, so no biggy.
Next I am going to manually try to install a few respositories (Genesis and the like)

I have noticed that the 'i' button on the remote doesn't do anything. Anyone else have this issue?

This is starting to feel like a diary!

So far I'm loving my new toy as it does what the Mede8er did plus a lot more!

Ronnie

Aug 13, 2015
Not sure about NAS drives, but I use Plex to go between my T8 and my desktop PC.

Rather than adding repos you'd be as well installing the Wookie Wizard. That installs a ton of good repos.

Yeah, the i button doesn't seem to do much. The menu button is probably the most handy button. Well, that and the pointer button, but I use a wireless keyboard with touchpad for mouse and typing stuff.

Vittorrio

Sep 23, 2015
Thanks for the reply.
I tried Wookie wizard but couldn't find my NAS videos after using the wizard. Not sure what happened. I sent half an hour yesterday loading in repos and I'm very happy with it. Wookie is great for beginners maybe (like myself) but I'm pleased with my streamlined installation. A lot of the Wookie installed stuff I just wouldn't use.