andyh2451

Nov 8, 2016
Obviously it's taken a little while for Wookie versions to start to appear again. However, I have factory reset my machine. Installed OpenVPN (which Wookie will not work without) and enabled the Wookie add on with a zip file.
Now I get presented with 4 options (Retro Wookie Krypton, Retro Wookie Jarvis, WookieLite4Lee Krypton and Wookie new Look Kypton). I have tried to install all 4 but the installation process only gets a certain percentage before bailing out and returning me to the Wookie main menu. I have never experienced this before on Android.
Also baffling is the Wookie install inder OpenElec where the installation works but presents me with a red Wookie ball and a red bar running through the ball and several Wookie icons along the bar which do absolutely nothing. In fact the whole interface is totally unresponsive to any commands from my handset forcing me to do yet another factory reset. Does anyone know what the hell is going on. It's driving me nuts!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The bit about openvpn confuses me.
Why will wookie not work without openvpn?
First I have heard of that.
Is it possible isp blocking has kicked in after the reset?

andyh2451

Nov 8, 2016
Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply. It is a known issue that some ISP's block Kodi/Wookie stuff. It is documented on this forum raised by myself. You can either ask your ISP to stop the blocking or use a VPN. As you know, using a VPN with Kodi is good working practise anyway.
Can you shed any light on my attempts to install Wookie on Kodi or the strange Wookie interface I get with OpenElec?

andyh2451

Nov 8, 2016
Sorry I should have explained myself better. I have had Wookie working since day 1 April 2016. I have successfully installed a lite version of Wookie within the last few months. The issue began when Wookie went down after the developers sudden death. Ihe issue is nothing to do with my ISP (Sky) or my VPN. The install of my chosen version of Wookie starts without any problems. Some installs get further than others but they all fail to get to 100% before halting unexpectedly with no message.

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, This has been a issue with the Wookie for a couple of days, I think it's a server problem but it seems to be working again now,
you have posted in the T8-S section so if your on 4.4.2 firmware the only build in the Wookie you could install is the Wookie Retro Jarvis, unless you have installed a Kodi Krypton fork.