derek.koan

Oct 16, 2014
Hi everyone, have had my box about 2-3 months. Everything fine except I am not getting anything near the connection speeds I get using the browser on the box. When using box browser speed test I get (100meg connection) 65-70 meg speeds. Therefore I assume the chips in the box run fine and fast?

So how come when I do a speed test in the box settings menu I get around 7 - 9 meg?
I am assuming that there must be a way to speed this up? I have read about and found an advanced xml with the zero cashe buffer setting + a higher read rate which uses more of the available bandwidth. But can't get this into my settings? Sooo... The question is: HOW TO IMPORT ADVANCED XML INTO SETTINGS ON MY BOX?

Any help much appreciated. derek.koan

Graham

Jul 26, 2014
If I use my android installed app for speed test it says 1MB which is clearly wrong as I couldn't stream anything at that speed. The zero casche advanced xml can be found in maintenance, tweaks but this doesn't really speed up but if you suffer buffering you can pause the movie and it will continue to download ahead of your stream to prevent getting ahead of the download which causes a freeze. It will also save it to SD storage to prevent filling ram.

derek.koan

Oct 16, 2014
Thanks Graham for reply. I have been away for a couple of days.
I am using the zero cashe setting but still having a lot of difficulty watching prem live footy games and also probs with the occasional film. I have read that when you create your own advanced xml document you can incorporate into this a different read rate which can have a value higher than 1, so for instance you can create a read rate of 10 which will use ALL the available bandwidth. I have a xml file on my pc but want to put it on my box - but don't know how to load this on to my box?

I am assuming that this xml file will solve the problem but not shure if it will?

Once again thanks for any help. Derek.koan