Sally Barker

Jan 14, 2015
I received my box in January and my son and I love it. Spend more time playing with it than watching things. However we would like to have our Genesis library connected to the xbmc library so we can have the thumbnails of our tv programs on our main screen. However, even though I have followed lots of youtube advice I don't seem to have a home folder or be able to find the xbmc library through the sdcard route. Can you help please this is driving me mad as until I have this up and running I can't cancel my virgin service.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Sally, can you link to one of the videos that you're unable to follow the steps in, and we'll try it on our devices. It may be that the path needed is slightly different, or that KitKat (4.4) is a little different to JB (4.3, 4.2 and 4.1) have different requirements.

Sally Barker

Jan 14, 2015
Wondering if you have had any luck with this yet. All I want to be able to do is have the new episodes of programs I watch pop up along the top half as in the link I sent. I realize the one I sent isn't for my particular device but what they have actually done is what I want. Thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Thanks for the reminder, I've had a PC crash once or twice and Chrome hasn't always recovered tabs, sorry for not getting back to your thread. I'll take a look tonight/in the morning. If there isn't another reply by 5.30pm tomorrow, please do poke me!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
OK, I set up the XBMC library integration with 1Channel/Primewire and Icefilms. 1Channel went as expected, IceFilms isn't behaving properly yet. I'll try again later, for now I'll move onto Genesis integration. Next post a bit later, kids need a bath.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
IceFilms - adding to the Ice Favourites or XBMC favourites didn't help, so tried just downloading a film (not any good for TV series really though, as not automatically inserted TV series at a time.

Genesis appears to automatically update library content after adding a TV show. In case you haven't started with the basics, instead of clicking on Genesis, press the menu button with Genesis highlighted (or press the C key if your remote has a QWERTY keyboard) and select add-ons settings. Scroll across to Library, and alter Movies and TV shows to which ever folders you've created to store them (I'm assuming you're using an external SD card or USB device? I've used Root filesystem, storage, external_storage, sdcard1, ). Click on OK when both set, and when you want to add a TV show to XBMC's library, again press menu or the C button, instead of OK, when the TV series in question is highlighted. Select the Add to Library, and the content of the library will then automatically update in the background. The more seasons and episodes there are in a TV show, the longer this will take.
From there, open up XBMC's library by
a) If you're using the Confluence skin, select the Movies and TV Shows main menus from XBMC's homescreen
b) If you're using the Confluence Cusotmizable Mod skin, you can either edit one of the shortcuts to link to your Library (XBMC>System>Appearance>Skin>Settings> Submenu items>scroll down to User Friendly Name Movies, and beneath that, click on a submenu item (possibly in the Movies section) shortcut you're happy to have reassigned. Select the Videos Menu entry, then Video Library, follow the on screen menus, and you're done, the library will be accessible via XBMC's homescreen under the Movies menu) or...
switch to the Confluence skin (XBMC>System>Appearance>Skin>Click on Confluence Customizable Mod and select the Confluence entry, confirm you're certain.

Let me know where you're getting different results, if you follow the Genesis part above and it doesn't help.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
You don't create a library on the SD card. The library in XBMC is told where to look for video files. You can name the folders you select for TV shows and films whatever you like. Create these directories on an external memory card or USB device. Select these folders in the add-ons you want to download/integrate with, and add these folders to XBMC's library. You can then have everything all tied up together.

Sally Barker

Jan 14, 2015
Thank you for taking so much time looking at this for me. I will print this off and work through it. I don't have any external storage as my box says 16GB memory so didn't think I would need more, at least not at the moment. Will I need to get an Micro SD? Also will this process make the new episodes of the programs I add show up along the top of the relevant main XBMC screen. At the moment we have put everything in favorites which updates new programs but we have to go in and check to see what's new so having it pop up at the top would be time saving.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you don't want to use a storage device, check your free space left - see the description and screenshots here - https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/the-advert-stated-4-or-816gb-rom-i-see-a-lot-less-why-2/

If you know roughly how much space you have now, you can copy around files. If you have files on a PC's hard drive, you can store them there as well.

OK, you posted in the X7 area as well. Same general steps. If you ever find your self looking at a Settings menu and nothing matches the instructions, click the last tab on the right and then the More/Advanced Settings button.