Rigel7

Jul 31, 2014
Hi, my box was working fine until yesterday when XBMC froze while opening a show. I tried rebooting but only got a blank screen when I tried to start XBMC from the homepage.

I disconnected the box overnight and when I powered it up today and started XBMC it said starting XBMC for the first time and went through the download sequence but then went to the blank screen again when finished and XBMC never opened.

Any ideas?

Rigel7

Jul 31, 2014
Hi SS, I followed your instructions and I'm up and running again. Thanks for that.
By the way I had to find your link via Google as when I clicked on the above using Firefox I got the following message:
This Connection is Untrusted
If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Sorry about that. If you see the warning again when visiting a thread on this forum, you can click continue. HTTPS is more secure than HTTP, but if your certificate isn't registered then some browsers warn you. I've edited the URL now. Thanks for letting us know that your device is OK now.

Reactions: Tez or

John Peterson

Aug 8, 2014
Same has just happened to turned on to find the set up page!! Done all that but can't open xbmc!! It's wiped all my pictures and apps!! Then when trying to log onto the website it was saying no so had to make a new account!! Thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
The apps should be restored by Google's Play Store - open it up, sign in, and if asked, confirm you want to backup/restore apps on your device.
The new account on this forum is because the old forum died. This is a new site with a new database.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Four possible approaches:

(Steps 1 and 2 assume your device was purchased this year)

1) Navigate to the preinstall folder on your device and open each APK that you want to have reinstalled (XBMC will be in there somewhere). See this thread - http://droidboxforums.com/threads/xbmc-has-vanished.29/

2) Perform a proper factory reset. If you follow the steps , the applications we supply in our firmware will be reinstalled, including XBMC. See http://droidboxforums.com/threads/how-do-i-reset-my-droidbox-to-the-same-state-it-was-delivered.6/ for details

3) Follow the steps listed in the Original XBMC stickied thread that mentions your model name, it will be in one of these forums (you can ignore the warning about Security/https/certificates):
X7 and X7 Ultimate
iMX6 (Android)
Q7
M6
V9 Stick
M3 (Android)

4) Flash a recent firmware - let us know which model you have (X7, iMX6, M6, V9 or Q7 are the most likely candidates).

1) Is possibly the easiest, 2) Will effectively automate installing all the APKs you'll find in step 1)
3) Is fine if Google's Play Store reinstalls everything you want other than XBMC, as you'll just be downloading an XBMC APK file suitable for your device and installing it.
4) Involves the most work, but you'd have an up to date system

If you were happy with your device prior to losing the apps, I would stick to step 1)

John Peterson

Aug 8, 2014
Hi just turned my imx6 on! Stuck a few times at the start up screen turned it on an off a few times and the it started and along with xbmc!!! I ran the fix me now and now under program's there is nothing!!!!

John Peterson

Aug 8, 2014
Can't find any apk's but found the droidbox wizard but no imx6 add ons only Gotham, kids, music, international, xrated, fix me now!!

nicknack

Aug 9, 2014
I need help I switched on my box today to watch a film but was bought to the set up page like I had to do when I first Plunged it in to my tv, so I went through the whole set but I haven't got the droidbox wizard app anywhere on my apps please can anyone help me?

andrew pooley

Aug 21, 2014
I have my sons droidplayer here he lost xbmc then while it was here I was advised to delete xbmc then reload it, after I did this it wouldn't load it got to the mbox screen and no matter how long you left it it stayed the same. I've tried to dl the new firmware and add it to an sd card. the first card wouldn't even load the second loads and after you release the reset the bar loads to about 1/4 then stays there for about 5 mins then shoots straight to the end it then goes to the mbox screen and even if you leave it there all day and night it never starts. I have tried just starting it normally but nothing ???? any ideas

Ahmed

Aug 14, 2014
hi,There

can i know which device you have ??>

Thanks
Ahmed

Last edited:

andrew pooley

Aug 21, 2014
I've just read your link I cant click on reset my box wont do nothing it wont even start it just goes to the mbox screen and stays there cheers Andy

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Andrew, I think you may have come to the wrong site. If you're certain that the box says DroidPlayer, not DroidBOX, then you want a different company. I'd assume it was this one - http://droidplayer.co.uk/
If you purchased your device via Amazon or eBay, and it was one of our devices, it would have been through the XBMCGadgetsHub shop.