steveyjoanna

Jan 16, 2015
I have an x7 ultimate playing xbmc ,when I start up I get a message about upgrading to kodi,as I was nervous about doing anything to "disrupt" the excellent service I am getting I kept pressing "remind me later" ,saving the option until I was "ready"!
Then I pressed "dismiss" by mistake and the message doesn´t show.
Is there any way I can update to kodi without altering any settings that I already have ,(basically can I update the system without causing any changes to what I have to occurr).
Any information gratefully received.
Thanks ,Steve L

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, you were right not to click on it, at this time we are testing Kodi helix 14.1 with the wizard and its going well. So hang on...only upgrade when we offer it not Kodi as you might loose the wizard too (in this forum and site).

Reactions: ChrisM

steveyjoanna

Jan 16, 2015
Having been "pestered" by a notice to update from xbmc to kodi I took the plunge ,I didnt realise that it wouldnt update the wizard so now I have an updated Kodi and am trawling the internet for addons ,is there any chance the wizard will self update to kodi in the future as having both uses more space,plus whilst I am slowly getting all the addons I am happy with all the embedded ones in my x7

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@steveyjoanna The update notices weren't from us, so if you download generic APKs for Kodi/XBMC, they'll not have our Wizard in them. A 14.2 build (from us, with the Wizard) is about to be released, I'm still trying to test a couple of AceStream scenarios on different devices first. Hope all was sorted already, let us know if not.

steveyjoanna

Jan 16, 2015
Thanks for the reply,realised that yourselves have not yet finished sorting out the wizard and kodi.I have no issues and have just purchased a second x7 as having tried the kodi download and putting on streamers myself is a pain! especially when you supply all necessary as a matter of course.
Been "off radar" for a while travelling Europe so reply delayed,keep up the gppd work ,good support is priceless.
Regards ,
steveyjoanna