kevin byrne

Dec 27, 2014
Having problems with XBMC. First when loaded I got a message on screen inviting me to download a new "updated" version of XBMC. When I declined the whole system froze and did nothing. I have tried re-booting a number of times and after this when I went to XBMC all I got was a black screen - nothing else! Then I pulled the power for about 10 minutes, then started again, and now XBMC will not even load, it just clicks back to the home page. In settings - Apps XBMC is still showing as running.

Can anybody help me here!!

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Have you tried clearing cache, this takes xbmc to a 1st run state. See if that works, if you have the easy mouse remote you can open an app(say browser)move the arrow to the bottom of the screen press enter hold and lift up fast...this brings a bar on the bottom. Press the one witch has 2boxes (1st from the mid on right) this brings up all the apps you have opened. To close them click and hold enter and swipe up and they will go. If this doesn't work you might have to go back to apps and this time clear data in xbmc, but this will take xbmc back to a 1st installed state and you will loose all your favourites and setting and will have to run the wizard again so only a last resort. Hope you under stand this and good luck.

Last edited:

kevin byrne

Dec 27, 2014
Thanks for this, I managed to get rid of the KODI message today without XBMC freezing, but the same thing happened to a friend of mine, so maybe there is some sort of bug. Anyway all seems fine now.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
I had the message to and I'm running the latest version of Kodi on my laptop. We must remember these are probably standard messages being sent out. I wouldn't upgrade unless droidbox say as the wizard may not be supported...hope I helped..Dave