ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
We'll be putting up a blog post on the topic by the end of the day. Great shame, and some customers will be unhappy he remove the add-on, but his (her?) "baby", so he gets to make the decision. What with the alternatives available and the possibility someone will take the guts of MashUp and put in place a new infrastructure behind it, I think everything will be OK long term.

Pauladev

Oct 1, 2014
I have only just started with a DroidBOX, and Mashup was one of the main sites I used. Very sorry to see it go, but it is the owners decision. I hope something will evolve.
I saw a long boring vid on YouTube about a program called Kobi Beta 2, and an installer called Fusion. I haven't seen either of these on my DroidWizard loaded XBMC? Grateful if anyone has an Idiots guide to these.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Blog post up. If you've not yet had Mash Up update and vanish, DON'T RUN IT YET. Read the post here - https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/mash-up-has-gone-there-is-hope/ . There is a fix available in our DroidBOX Wizard that will disable the autoupdate feature in MashUp. Whilst the underlying infrastructure is still in place, the add-on should work.

@Pauladev Kodi is the new name for XBMC (and also the next version name for this app (Eden (v11), Frodo (v12), Gotham (v13 and the most recent stable version) and Kodi).
If you've run our Wizard, the Fusion repository is already in place on your device, though I think it is named something else. Check the repos installed, and when you click on one, fusion should be in the URL

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Just ran the fix and it is all sorted once again. Great work cheers Chris.

Pauladev

Oct 1, 2014
Too late!! Will wait for a replacement. Also great trouble getting any stream from Go Movies today.
Please explain how to check 'the repos installed' so I can see fusion

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
@SilentlyScreaming Is MashUp still in the Droidbox Wizard and would rerunning the wizard followed by the MashUp fix restore it for anybody that has lost it?

L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
I was told Mash up was finished, never to return, so I deleted it from my Droidbox yesterday afternoon. Do I need to re-run the wizard to re-install it? Is it now working again if you run the fix mentioned earlier?

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Not sure if its still on the wizard but if you've deleted it then it might be worth running the wizard followed by the fix and let us know what happens. Fingers crossed.

Azza

Nov 1, 2014
honestly I don't mind he took it away but his style sucked balls. no warning and simply a good bye. I only used it for the cartoon HD stream for the kids, It is ofc now gone too, anyone have any ideas if this is available on another repo? I have tried all the "most famous" ones to no avail

Cartoon hd has been saved in mikey repo. All cheer!

And to folks asking if it can be re installed? NO it is taken down by the owner, even if you could install the app part it still wouldn't get data.,

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Azza - logical, but incorrect.
Reinstall the add-on via the device-specific pack in the DroidBOX Wizard if it has been updated or deleted already.
Run the Mash Up fix also found in the Wizard.
It disables the autoupdate feature. The add-on still works, at least until any critical infrastructure (servers, databases etc) that the add-on's author controls is disabled/removed as well.

@Tommaso - Assuming you purchased a genuine DroidBOX device from us, head to XBMC and click on the Video menu, then Add-ons. If you can't see a Video menu, scroll right until you see a Media Portal menu and click on it. In either case, you'll then see the DroidBOX Wizard.

@Pauladev - head to the System menu in XBMC, Add-ons, Install from ZIP file . Towards the top you should have some red entries. As you highlight each one, you'll see the address (URL) for each one in the top left corner. Whichever has http://fusion.xbmchub.com listed is the fusion repo . I've seen it with different labels, mine currently shows as .fusion

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I've just tested, and simply running the Mash Up fix is enough in any scenario.
Whether you've tried to run Mash Up (so it self destructed via the add-on's auto-update feature), not run Mash Up recently or uninstalled Mash Up, open the DroidBOX Wizard, click on the Mash Up Fix pack, and you'll get v1.4 with auto-update disabled.

rmazz84

Nov 17, 2014
Hi mine auto updated so now says goodbye when I try to use it my box doesn't have the droidbox wizard is there anything I can do to get it working again? any help would be much appreciated

Tommaso

Nov 14, 2014
Hi all!! I've managed to install and rind the wizard fix but mashup is still not working!! So I've uninstalled mashup and can't find it anymore to re install. Any ideas on how I can find it again?

rmazz84

Nov 17, 2014
Hi thanks for the reply I bought the box of ebay I don't think its one of yours with it not having the Droidbox wizard already on there

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Tommaso - Click on the MashUp fix in our Wizard again, this will reinstall the MashUp addon. I tested all the scenarios I could imagine on a couple of devices, and the fix re-installed (where necessary) and re-enabled the add-on.

@rmazz84 - Check your invoice/emails. We sell on eBay via our shop "xbmcGadgetsHub". If it didn't come from us or one of our official resellers (non-UK customers), it isn't a DroidBOX. If it was from xbmcGadgetsHub, please do e-mail us with the info I mentioned.