bam21

Jul 31, 2014
Hi I purchased a droidbox from you and was a ekb model this was faultyand replaced with the ac model problem is now I want to factory reset as it keeps freezing but. When I factory reset it unmounts memory and says it's erasing then reboots to nothing no recovery shell just a no signal message on screen and as u have removed all the firmware updates I have no resolution and urgently need my device back and running fast ??? Any ideas

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Please try a factory reset via the recovery menu, rather than the entry in Android's settings. Remove the power lead from your X7, hold down the little switch on the bottom, keep it held down. Now reattach the power lead and turn the X7 on. If the recovery menu appears, select Wipe data/factory reset. Confirm you're certain. Allow it to complete, then reboot. Go through any set up screens displayed, then leave the device alone for twenty minutes, once you can the launcher's homescreen.
If the recovery menu doesn't appear, please e-mail us ( [email protected] ) with the info mentioned here - http://droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/ , including a link to your thread - http://www.droidboxforums.com/threa...-x7-and-have-no-firmware-file-to-reflash.432/

Paul Usher

Oct 21, 2014
My X7 had been working well but to clean up the dross I had installed over some weeks I decided to do a Factory Reset.

The Factory Reset wiped the cache and files and returned as expected to the Recovery Menu. At that point any attempt to reboot just blanks the screen and then after a few seconds returns to the Recovery Menu again. I had removed the USB and SD storage, but left the air mouse connected in order to go up and down the Recovery Menu.

I would assume the only remedy is to reinstall the firmware, but I know this is no longer available on your forums. What action should I take?

pulsar

Feb 20, 2015
Malta
I have a similar problem.
My Droidbox was giving me some issues with XBMC and getting slower and slower. Also the RJ45 internet connection kept dropping out for no apparent reason (the wifi connection works fine). So I decided on a factory reset. After the reset the box does not appear to boot any more. I have tried holding down the reset button, applying power and switching the box on, to get the recovery screen but I just get a blank screen. Even after holding the reset button for over 60 secs.
Any help would be appreciated to get the box going again.
Thanks....