Beardo0150

Dec 8, 2015
Hi guys I'm very new to all this and possibly not posting in the right place!!
I've enjoyed my Android box with kodi on but I get a little frustrated with the constant blocking of sites etc.... So I've read I may need to use a vpn has anyone got and use a relatively good free one which doesn't restrict your band width!! Thanks way in advance and hope to get some good information!!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Tunnel bear only gives you 500mb of free data a month.
Have a look at flash vpn on google play. No restrictions and free. Although pop up adverts are a bit of a pain.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Try it and see if it meets your needs. It's free. You can always uninstall if it proves unsatisfactory. I guess it will not be as good as premium paid for VPNs. Report back here with the results of your trial so other people learn.

Beardo0150

Dec 8, 2015
I installed it through the Google play so it's in my apps I take it you just click on it and exit from the app and your then active?? I went into kodi home page and alot of addons updated ones I dnt use due to the fact they never work!! I then tried a few like ice films which never work and I got through to choosing what I want to watch as Normally won't open!! Clicked on a link and took a while to find sources clicked again and it dint work!! So to some extent I bypassed the restriction apposed by my provider!! What did work was cartoon HD again which never opened!! So my verdict so far it's helped I'm not sure if a paid service would allow me more!! Maybe I should go for a trial period one to compare results

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hmmm. Sounds like you may have some non vpn related issues. The flood of updating addons is unlikely to be due to the new Vpn as it is content that is blocked not the addon or its updates.
You just click on the vpn and select the country you want. In my case after opening it appears "minimised" in the top left hand corner. Certainly it allowed access to icefilms and 1channel via default web addresses. As it happens i use proxy web addresses for the both which bypass isp checks so the vpn is there as a fallback for me. Plenty of addons e.g. phoenix, salts, genesis, alluc, navi-x etc have no isp blocking currently so unless it is something like NBCSN you want, you shouldn't really need one.

Beardo0150

Dec 8, 2015
Oh I see so what your saying is I dnt need a vpn for the addons you mentioned!! So why won't ice films work etc and genineis seems to be hit and miss salts work if I stick to the links I know work as a load of them dnt!! Is that the norm with most people there all a bit hit and miss

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Icefilms is working. I just tested the film calls "the Martian" and it shows. Some sources may well be down however. Are you using the recommend proxy web address to circumvent ISP backing?
Genesis currently has issues because it is no longer being fully maintained hence the no sources message. So hit and miss is probably the right description.
Just try other addons. Navi-X is usually very good. People have had good results in Phoenix too.
Plus in android, showbox and movie HD work well although they may not have absolutely the most up to date films.

Last edited:

Beardo0150

Dec 8, 2015
I'm a total novice and what you just asked me maybe a really simple question!! I have no idea what you mean referring to using the recommended proxy Web address!! How do I do that and what is it??

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok. Go into system - settings - addons - my addons video addons.
Find Icefilms in the list.
Click on it.
Click on configure.
Make sure you are on the General tab.
Replace the default Icefilms web address with http://ipv6.icefilms.info/
Click OK and exit.

While you are there, click on 1channel then configure.
Make sure you are on the website tab.
Click the enable custom domain button so it is highlighted.
Type in http://primewires.org and ok, exit.
NB: 1channel proxy web addresses are notoriously flaky. If that one doesn't work, search the forum. People have recently posted many alternatives to try.
Report back progress.

Beardo0150

Dec 8, 2015
Well I've done what your said primewire is working if I go to one particular link and that works with all programmes ice films still won't work just says resolving link and then nothing happens

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Try a couple of different Icefilms links please. If nothing, Can you say what films you tried to connect to and the sources and I will try and replicate. I tried the 3rd link to get the Martian film as the 2 above did not work so it may just be a case of persisting until a working link is found.
Did you try showbox in android?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I've looked at the developer's forum and it seems there are issues with a lot of icefilms sources at the moment, probably the addon is having its access blocked by the hosting site. The dev says he will try and fix it so there will be a new version at some point. So try alternative addons for now.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You can try it, may make a difference. But i Think you would be better off trying different addons for now.