tycho

Sep 28, 2014
Sorry guys for not getting back to you, I was away on vacation. Just installed spmc and no more vertical lines, so that's good. Whats not good is there's definitely lag playing 720p videos, not as smooth as they should be. Not sure if this is a 13.3 issue or the box itself, probably software.

Any ideas when an actual release of xbmc 13 or kodi will be working for the x7? I don't care about the wizard plugins, have my own setup used on pi's/etc.

Thanks guys.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com

tycho

Sep 28, 2014
There is a difference if the X7 isn't the only xbmc station in your house. Like me I have it running on pi's/pc's that all share the same database, which need to be on the same main build.

And yes, my X7 was only a couple days old when I started the thread, hopefully an updated firmware will resolve.

admin

Staff member
Jul 14, 2014
United Kingdom
droix.co.uk
tycho, could you please check version of the X7 hardware you have and we will check if we have more recent FW release for you. it should be displayed on the label on the bottom of the device.

(Please look on the bottom of your X7, and check for a label or words printed there).

Last edited by a moderator:

tycho

Sep 28, 2014
admin, i'm just returning to using this X7, is there anyway to upgrade the firmware, the OTA link is not working. I'm in Canada so shipping back isn't the greatest option.

-T