karios525

Oct 23, 2015
Hey,

Firstly thanks for everybody who answers/tries to help in any way.

In regards to the dropidbox T8 are there plans to make it fully hdcp 2.2 compliant? Because if not will render 4k streaming services pretty useless, and am also wondering why most places advertised this model with hdmi 1.4b whilst amazon where I purchased the T8 was advertised as hdmi 2.0, which I assume means that the model has been updated? It was because the T8-S was advertised as having hdmi 1.4 and not 2.0 that caused me to go with the T8 instead. Oh if it isn't hdcp 2.2 compliant not sure whether blu ray streaming will be possible either, in regards to the 4k blurays due to start releasing soon as they require hdcp 2.2 so really keen to hear what plans there are if the T8 isn't hdcp 2.2 ready...

admin

Staff member
Jul 14, 2014
United Kingdom
droix.co.uk
Hi there,
DroidBOX T8 and T8-S share similar spec they both are Hdmi 1.4b compliant thus available to stream 4K on up to 30fps. Sorry if we missed hdmi 2.0 spec on one of the listings on amazon.

HDMI 2.0 does not mean it will be HDCP 2.2 compliant as it can come with with HDCP 2.0. We are working on a new product DroidBOX Q8S based on RK3368 chipset which shoukd be fully HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 compliant

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk