shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
I
Mine has started playing up again, tried pulling the drive out and it didn't work. After booting in to android which I don't normally use in hope, the the OTA updater was showing an update so I updated and after rebooting the hdd was showing again in android. Then I booted into openelec and the hdd was gone. This is becoming a pain...
If you are having issues persistently please email us on [email protected] with your Order Information and our teach team will have a look on your issue.

Tahir

Jul 29, 2015
I
If you are having issues persistently please email us on [email protected] with your Order Information and our teach team will have a look on your issue.
I did exactly that, even doing what Chris requested above and the last reply I got via email on the 2nd of April from Andrew stated that my email would be forwarded to Chris and he would get back to me on Monday. Unfortunately I haven't heard anything since.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
We had what we thought was a solution, this then turned out not to make any difference. To anyone awaiting a response, my apologies for the delay. We've spoken with the factory and have a new internal cable to swap out with the original one. I'll ask the team to contact those with HDD issues (who have reported them already via e-mail) once these cables arrive. We've not had one to test with, so whilst I'm hopeful, keeping my fingers crossed for now.
I should have ensured people were kept up to date, this one is down to me rather than DroidBOX as a whole.

Actual

Aug 7, 2015
I've been sent a replacement by Droidbox, but I'd already moved my hard drive to an Intel NUC, so I've offloaded the replacement Droidbox to my dad (who so far hasn't needed the size of storage I need). He's already had a few issues with the replacement, so I'll consider the Droidbox a failed experiment on my part. Stick with the Raspberry Pi and then if you are really serious, upgrade to a PC. The Intel NUC's are absolutely brilliant, they run the latest Kodi out of the box and you don't have to wait for Droidbox or anyone else to "tinker" with the latest versions to make custom versions that work with their hardware.

DroidboxNumpty

Feb 23, 2016
I'm pleased to report that since receiving a new Sata cable and updating my T8s plus, my HDD is no longer disconnecting. The cable although stiffer and therefore more awkward to install appears to have fixed the issue. Now I just need to return it to get Bluetooth working...

Reactions: David Savage

Choi

May 5, 2016
My new cable worked for a few days, then the disk disappeared yesterday. It worked again after removing the hard disk and plugging it back in.

Tonight though, I seem to have stumbled on a way to make the T8 crash most of the time, have no effect some of the time and cause the disk to disconnect occasionally. (I have been testing for about 3 hours now...) I suspect the crash is also a manifestation of the disk disconnect :(

Is there a way to get some logs to send over...

Last edited:

Choi

May 5, 2016
The DroidBOX Control Centre can submit some logs, can you check if it is up to date via Google's Play Store please?

I figured it out...it is happening when I turn my TV to standby with the remote control and leave DroidBox on (I was copying my music collection to the Box using Samba)

It seems to only happen with OpenElec. Android seems stable, though I haven't really tested it to any level of certainty.

I have a Samsung TV.

Choi

May 5, 2016
I figured it out...it is happening when I turn my TV to standby with the remote control and leave DroidBox on (I was copying my music collection to the Box using Samba)

It seems to only happen with OpenElec. Android seems stable, though I haven't really tested it to any level of certainty.

I have a Samsung TV.

Yes it is all up to date..one of the first things I tried :) . I suspect OpenElec is reacting adversely to the TV standby signal. It's only a minor issue really, since I actually use Android most of the time.

I suspect it would be possible to fix the issue by changing some config file some where, so I will take a look at that if it ever becomes a pain.

Also happy to report that I have not noticed any hard disk disconnects in Android since the new cable was installed some weeks back.

Reactions: ChrisM