8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I have an MXQ pro box and it is fine with everything i watch. I have sent the boxes back for refund so it doesnt matter now as i no longer own nor want a droidbox

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Hi

If you purchase any device in the future and do experience the problems please do not hesitate to contact us as we tend to help our customers and resolve the issues that they are experiencing with.As you can see on our forum many problems has been covered already and solved .There are blog posts/how to pages and video guides that explains most use cases and basics of the box and its capabilities.

Regards

lubo1967

Apr 23, 2017
Thanks but i wont be buying a droidbox again. 2 boxes lasting a total of 3 days has lost me as a future customer. Just need the refund to come through.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Thanks but i wont be buying a droidbox again. 2 boxes lasting a total of 3 days has lost me as a future customer. Just need the refund to come through.

As you can see from the thread and communication with other users box is not only to blame.There are many things that needs to be set in proper order such as operating system version,Kodi version,network connection and add on itself afterwards and many more.

On some of these we can influence but on some such as add on performance we can not as their performance solely depends on their service.

Sometimes miscommunication can occur and this is why we always advise to contact us directly if any of the problems do occur.

There are many ways to test boxes itself as Kodi is just 1 app out of many apps on the box itself .

Regards and hope you find the box that suits you the best.

Reactions: SmokingElectronics

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
@8bitDev I saw your post about testing in YouTube, if everything checked out fine then it's something in kodi, the addons sources etc!

I am trying to learn as much as I can about the technology but also am getting really tired of the technology. I just want to sit down and relax not have to deal with the tech support that I do all day. trying to figure out where the ghost in the machine is never ending with this crap

lubo1967

Apr 23, 2017
I understand how the boxes and kodi works so its definetly a box issue. Anyway not here to discuss anymore as i am just waiting on refund so i can get a box that works. Thanks again.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
@8bitDev I saw your post about testing in YouTube, if everything checked out fine then it's something in kodi, the addons sources etc!

I am trying to learn as much as I can about the technology but also am getting really tired of the technology. I just want to sit down and relax not have to deal with the tech support that I do all day. trying to figure out where the ghost in the machine is never ending with this crap
Hi

There are pros and cons to each service ,and having services that are less to hassle are the ones that requires a charge.

Watching movies on Netflix,using google play movies and using live TV services from providers such as SKY works without any problems on our boxes.

While Kodi add ons being free it is not to be expected from them to have the same level of service as with proprietary vendors that provide streaming services.

Regards

Reactions: SmokingElectronics

Flagator

Apr 9, 2017
I also am on my 2nd box I. Have found that the problems are not so much the unit itself
One this box runs on the newest android software 6.0 it has a problem with writing over the screen which is cause by some apps not working thre is a setting that shows how to turn off the apps that do this and turn them on as needed
So this tells me that there are problems there and this is only one of many I belive
Also Droidbox has software problems they have lerelec using kodi 16.1
Which should work fine except here again the new android 6.0 is not working right with lebelec and needs upgrade
From what I can find out there is a upgrade coming someday that will upgrade kodi in lebelec to 17.1
IF THEY CAN GET IT TO WORK with the 6.0 and reboot back to the android screen without freezing things may start to work
Now I don't know what droid box was thinking by releasing these unit on the market with so many bugs is need for concern
If they had stayed with the 5.1 the box I think would not have half the problems But I am just a guy who buys and sales I really can see a market for the 32gig and being table to add a hard drive for a mini computer
I have been ablee to get my box to work for two days with no problems if I forgot lebelec and just use kodi 17.1 Not to mention I would not turn it off
Why because if you do it has to rest at least 5 mins or it will not connect with Internet and freeze up
As someone who has had and still does a lot of units as far as setting them up and watching them myself
I am at a crossroad this is my 2nd box also the first came with wrong power supply and would reboot every time it wanted to just trying to set it up would take hours
They included a power supply for the UK and a plastic adapter that did nothing except let you plug it into 120 volt receptacle so the unit did not get the correct amps I was told that inside the box was something that would lert it work on 120volt but if I remember correctly the box needs 3000 ma and the power supply delivered 3 amps
I will not go into detail but it took me to return the box and get another that came with a USA power supply
OK right now I am using a 50$ tablet that will connect fine but my drouidbox will not it keeps dropping the Wi-Fi and freezes
Just like all the posts I have read
But on the other hand I have heard from people that say they haven't
Had any problems
I really would like to know from Droidbox if they intend to release a update anytime soon to fix these problems
I like the box but why paid for what should be the best I know there other units worked super. I understand
At this point I must agree with the guy who is sending his back
The whole point is to have one that works
I still have a couple of weeks to decide if you want to hook up ton my
Box or connect me to someone I can talk to that is OK
I tried the email and if I can get answers not told to reboot it or watch tube which I do every day then great
I just want my unit to work I think that is not to much to ask
Anyone else feel like I do or can tell me which unit Droidbox sells they are happy with please let me know
Flagator

Sent from my RCT6103W46 using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

Reactions: VectisDragon

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
The thing that you have to realize about the boxes ask around on here people who pay for hulu,Netflix, etc steady 80 percent reliable.
kodi uses 3rd party sharing apps YouTube and the Internet lie and bait everyone with no more money no more cable costs etc free free free
BS nothing is free kodi needs real debrid or another payed source provider there's millions billions of free movies and TV shows and more but not the BS hype of everything free

or free live tv where show me the bloody live TV I pay for ustvnow I pay for cbs I have yet to get the 500 plus stupid apps to ever work

i love my box quality, standards, company, support, and so much more is solid and great it's a software and wireless problems

im trying to step down my opinions and rants on here I don't want to sound ignorant or opinionated and I think lately i may have so much farther than that I won't really comment

Flagator

Apr 9, 2017
I will say that I agree its a software problem I also agree that that kodi and others are full of problems
I am just never had so many problems on any units ever
If in fact its a software problem where do I go from here
As far as the wireless problem I tried it 8 ft from router had 14 to 15 download used the unit to ck speed after a hr it lost connection
Here again its got to be software problem
Because a good friend who has advised me to hook up by hard wireing I am going to try that I trust my friend and he assures me that is my problem and should fix everything so I will give it a go
I hope so I have plans for this box
Gator

VectisDragon

Mar 5, 2017
I also am on my 2nd box I. Have found that the problems are not so much the unit itself
One this box runs on the newest android software 6.0 it has a problem with writing over the screen which is cause by some apps not working thre is a setting that shows how to turn off the apps that do this and turn them on as needed
So this tells me that there are problems there and this is only one of many I belive
Also Droidbox has software problems they have lerelec using kodi 16.1
Which should work fine except here again the new android 6.0 is not working right with lebelec and needs upgrade
From what I can find out there is a upgrade coming someday that will upgrade kodi in lebelec to 17.1
IF THEY CAN GET IT TO WORK with the 6.0 and reboot back to the android screen without freezing things may start to work
Now I don't know what droid box was thinking by releasing these unit on the market with so many bugs is need for concern
If they had stayed with the 5.1 the box I think would not have half the problems But I am just a guy who buys and sales I really can see a market for the 32gig and being table to add a hard drive for a mini computer
I have been ablee to get my box to work for two days with no problems if I forgot lebelec and just use kodi 17.1 Not to mention I would not turn it off
Why because if you do it has to rest at least 5 mins or it will not connect with Internet and freeze up
As someone who has had and still does a lot of units as far as setting them up and watching them myself
I am at a crossroad this is my 2nd box also the first came with wrong power supply and would reboot every time it wanted to just trying to set it up would take hours
They included a power supply for the UK and a plastic adapter that did nothing except let you plug it into 120 volt receptacle so the unit did not get the correct amps I was told that inside the box was something that would lert it work on 120volt but if I remember correctly the box needs 3000 ma and the power supply delivered 3 amps
I will not go into detail but it took me to return the box and get another that came with a USA power supply
OK right now I am using a 50$ tablet that will connect fine but my drouidbox will not it keeps dropping the Wi-Fi and freezes
Just like all the posts I have read
But on the other hand I have heard from people that say they haven't
Had any problems
I really would like to know from Droidbox if they intend to release a update anytime soon to fix these problems
I like the box but why paid for what should be the best I know there other units worked super. I understand
At this point I must agree with the guy who is sending his back
The whole point is to have one that works
I still have a couple of weeks to decide if you want to hook up ton my
Box or connect me to someone I can talk to that is OK
I tried the email and if I can get answers not told to reboot it or watch tube which I do every day then great
I just want my unit to work I think that is not to much to ask
Anyone else feel like I do or can tell me which unit Droidbox sells they are happy with please let me know
Flagator

Like I have said before, I did not turn my unit of when I was using the default launcher. Since switching to TV Launcher the unit has only froze once or twice. I have also had to install a task killer app as system slows down after 12hrs use.

I have also got a 500gb Solid State Drive installed which can cause problems when unit boots as it does not initialise until unit has fully loaded. So I have had to be careful which apps I have moved or installed onto that drive as this has caused the system to freeze as well.

With regards to network connection I only use hard wired as my router is next to unit.

I do agree that it seems as though the unit was released before all software bugs where resolved. But over all I think I have now managed to get a stable system and am happy with my purchase.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
ok here's the deal i just signed up for real debrid 15 day $6 or something I am soon going to be doing the 360 day from them $42 or something.

okay @Nigelar has told me many times about the site and it's really worth the money, no more lip sync contest, solid sources that play the whole TV show or movie smooth error free and most of the time buffer free

I have 1080 and 720 sources along with the sd I have dolby digital 6 channel sound raw format to each channel but true dolby and sounds great

you cannot have auto source selection on you have to pick the best error free source

Flagator

Apr 9, 2017
OK I also had write over screen problem and all agree that the new 6.0 has problems working
With this new unit
I have found by looking up this on Google that there is a fix for wireless by going into extra setting and down to apps there you can reset the wireless and it will work
I also found that the biggest problem at least with mine it uses a lot or board band I have had to have my ISP add another line to split the service giving me two broardband into 1 and 2 this will fix wireless connection problem I am told and makes sense
I am not sure about all I was told and I think the service tech said to much about this and it appears
They know this but in most cases they do not have room to do this
When the system gets to 100% it kicks you off
My system was at 97% so whenever I tried to go on it would work i until it hit 100%
The tech fixed all the other problems so I had a clear signal at 93% without adding another line and I was able to get on line and my box ran great
Until it hit 100% and at that point I lose everything phone TV and Internet
I am waiting right now to see when they will add this line
I cannot lose everything and wait sometimes all night before I have internet again of course I hide my box and hook up my chromcast
More to follow:)
BTW I love my box and it will get worked out soon I believe