David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Have you tried playing around with the Acceleration setting, as this can cause jerky playback. Turn off MediaCodec (surface), plus go to system and system and video output and set Vertical blank to always enabled then go to Audio output and turn off Keep audio device alive. See if this helps you...

Reactions: Nigelar

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I am at a loss Ray and also feeling sad.
I run everything with kodi default settings (acceleration on, auto selection of tv resolution etc) and all things being equal you should get the same results.
I would maybe persist with exodus, trying some different movies - from gvideo sources if you can.
No harm in trying Dave's suggestions either.
Also, i know this is a long shot - maybe a different tv?
Also see if there is an option in exodus to adjust the bitrate.
Please keep us posted with results.
If you do get any judder free movies it does suggest the box is good.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Searching the other kodi forums reveals tons of "judder" relating threads suggesting a very common problem on android. It rarely occurs on pcs or laptops.
i would say the problem you are seeing is an encoding problem or a possible mismatch between your boxes output and your tvs settings (hence the idea of trying a different tv). See this:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=221019

Davids hardware acceleration solution gets mentioned too
https://forums.tvaddons.ag/getting-...leration-setting-android-box-help-please.html

As i say, tons of posts on the same topic again suggesting not droidbox specific.

Last edited:
Reactions: David Savage

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Believe it or not I HAVE swapped the TV without success.....actually - Glad to report a MAJOR improvement though Nigel......

I have tried Dave's suggestions and one thing that has made a MASSIVE difference is the disabling
of the Media Codec...this improved things no end. I have lost the buffering now, and the streaming is 75% better. So, Thank You to Dave for his help.......ta mate

I will also investigate your links above Nige........but I think that I might put a call in to Customer Service tomorrow, as they might send me a replacement box.....

We can close this thread now if you want fellers, as I don't think ask anymore of you........you have been awesome......so, thanks again for everything!

I will let you know I get on........

Merry Xmas from Sunny Yorkshire!

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Believe it or not I HAVE swapped the TV without success.....actually - Glad to report a MAJOR improvement though Nigel......

I have tried Dave's suggestions and one thing that has made a MASSIVE difference is the disabling
of the Media Codec...this improved things no end. I have lost the buffering now, and the streaming is 75% better. So, Thank You to Dave for his help.......ta mate

I will also investigate your links above Nige........but I think that I might put a call in to Customer Service tomorrow, as they might send me a replacement box.....

We can close this thread now if you want fellers, as I don't think ask anymore of you........you have been awesome......so, thanks again for everything!

I will let you know I get on........

Merry Xmas from Sunny Yorkshire!
Your welcome Ray...Happy to have helped and hope you get some resolution to your issues.
Top man 'Nigelar' for giving some top support for you aswell...

Reactions: Nigelar

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Just an update for you guys: I have contacted Customer service, who have promised to look into it for me. They said they would report back here, so it might help some of you lot too.

I explained that I had tried everything, so hopefully, they will have an answer for me.....ALSO: I signed up for the RealDebrid suggestion as well (if you are thinking of giving it a try) it
is certainly useful, as it filters out all the dead servers and I have to say buffering is a lot better. Sadly, it hasn't helped a bit with the juddering picture but for what it costs it was worth a try.....

So, there we are - just waiting for a reply from Droidbox.....using an old MX2 at the moment, at least it's stable!

Watch this space if you are having similar problems!

Ray.

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
NO RESPONSE so far from the Droid People...............I'm beginning to have thoughts......Crap!

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Sorry to here, can't explain why but I'd be casing it up again before you throw the towel in.
There must be a valid reason for this so get in touch ask for ChrisM if he's about...

Best of luck

Last edited:

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Thanks David....can't remember who I spoke to but he promised me faithfully that he would look into it for me, and to be fair I have been more than patient. I waited, and waited but not even an email...I feel so sad about this, as the Droid is such a cracking piece of kit but to be honest, it is absolutely no good if you ain't got support. I also notice that there are no "File Updates" either, so that you can re-install everything if you need to. It seems the only way you can update the box, is with the blessing of a Droidbox over the air update - what happens when they don't offer the update anymore - BUY A NEW BOX.....yeh right!

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Part of droidboxs support is this forum where you can at times vent your frustration when things go wrong.
I've had my issues in the past, but in the end I've aways got a resolve.
So from my experience don't give up and keep trying I'm sure it will get sorted. Sometimes things take longer as other party's are involved...

What ever you decide good luck and best wishes.

Dave

Reactions: sblabs

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Thanks David....can't remember who I spoke to but he promised me faithfully that he would look into it for me, and to be fair I have been more than patient. I waited, and waited but not even an email...I feel so sad about this, as the Droid is such a cracking piece of kit but to be honest, it is absolutely no good if you ain't got support. I also notice that there are no "File Updates" either, so that you can re-install everything if you need to. It seems the only way you can update the box, is with the blessing of a Droidbox over the air update - what happens when they don't offer the update anymore - BUY A NEW BOX.....yeh right!

Hi Ray.

Regarding "file updates".

It is true that droidbox provide the firmware updates for your box. That process of supplier provided updates is consistent across all reputable box suppliers and, thinking about it, all pcs where updates come from either MS or Apple.

Everything else - e.g. apps, kodi versions, is user updateable.

All boxes have a shelf life and the processors become obsolete. In the world of android boxes that does seem pretty quick.

I notice for example that one of DBs main competitors have stated they will not be providing an android lollipop update to their older t8 series boxes.

The good news is that older t8 boxes still work perfectly (i say this after watching a perfect everton vs arsenal stream, albeit with Polish commentary).

You can also back up your box so that if you need to "reinstall everything" you can.

Hope that helps and your problem gets resolved. I remain convinced it is a setting somewhere that is causing the issue or a movie encoding/frame rate issue rather than an intrinsic box problem. Hope you/droidbox find it.

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Really nice comments fellers - Thank You.........

All I can do is wait I suppose.......I don't want to give up hope but I am so upset that YOU GUYS can take the time and trouble to help, yet the main suppliers can't be bothered to assist me,
even after I went to all the trouble to speak to them directly, and they promised me faithfully that they would look into it for me. To be honest, I think Nige could be right, it might simply be a tweak of some kind
but to be honest I have tried everything. Strangely, I am using an old MX2 box at the moment and it is pretty much OK, that said, even that has a slight stutter.

I am even wondering if it might be a service provider issue but correct me if I'm wrong, with a 30 to 40mb download speed, it's unlikely to be my connection "WHAT DO YOU THINK"?????

One question you can answer for me if you don't mind is this: when you stream, is your playback solid, or do you have any jerky playback. It happens up/down/left/right....and it is VERY bad.
It's as if it is missing a frame here and there...........

Like you say, it's not worth getting all in a tis was about....hopefully, they will respond!

Thanks Again you two.......

Ray.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi Ray.
In answer to your question about jerky feedback, I think if you recollect one of my earlier comments, you will remember one of the films you had a problem with I tried and it did indeed have jerky feedback whilst the other didn't. And that's what led to my conclusion, that in my case (maybe not yours) it was something to do with the encoding.
A good test for you is whether any android apps e.g YouTube, showbox, movie HD etc return jerky or shuddering video. If they do then it does suggest something wrong with the box and whatever is driving video. If it is clean I am still of the view it is either something in your Kodi set up or the way the film has been encoded.

toonarmy9752

Sep 28, 2016
not quite the same issue but ive had audio distortion on music and movie soundtracks (like when record player belt is causing the playing to be erratic) and i tried all sorts software acc and hardware acc, audio setting etc etc etc - and the only thing that gets rid of it so far has been to knock the resolution down to 720p and 50hz - the minute i put it back to 1080p 1080i it returns..... strange.
so i guess its trial and error in Librelec

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi toonarmy. I think ray's issues are with android. Getting that fixed for him is enough for the moment without getting embroiled in librelec's issues lol.
I am depressed enough after visiting the Hawthorns last night...

toonarmy9752

Sep 28, 2016
I understand that Nigelar i was just mentioning it as being one of the quirky things of this T8S plus box and its systems