Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Brilliant....a reply at last

Hi Chris....can't thank you enough for your response...I was beginning to give up I'm afraid.

You can always connect to my box if it will help - anyway, you know best.....will set up a chat on Monday as you ask....

This is a welcome relief, I was beginning to give up hope...

Speak Soon!

Ray.

Reactions: cwhy99

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Hi all,
just a quick update before I hit the sack...Warn Out! Been on line with Chris for pretty much all of today!
He's worked his socks off trying to trace the fault with my box. Still not sorted but hopefully we will get there!

For the record, he has bent over backwards to help me....just lets hope we get it sorted in the end....

Just wanted to let you all know..........knackered now......never felt as tired in my life.....ha ha!

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
OK - it will be a pleasure to close this thread now as I can report - "ALL SYSTEMS GO"
Chris at Droidbox has done a fantastic job and has been determined to get to the bottom of my problem.

Unfortunately, we have had to revert back to 2015 firmware but at lease I have perfect pictures now........it appeared to be a problem with the OTA update, so for now, I have been told not to update for a while
until they get it sorted. Can I say, this just refers to MY box - and your updates would probably have been fine) I think it was a blip of some kind. Anyway, pleased to say, I am up and running now.

I would personally like to extend my Thanks to Chris for helping me through all of this (nearly TWO days solid) on the Chat Line.....but it was worth it......not that I learned a right lot (too quick for me)
but he tried and better tried & wouldn't be beat - Well Done Chris!

Finally, another "Thank You" to you guys also (for taking the time & trouble to reply to my thread)........your help was invaluable - Thank You!

Thanks Fellers!

Ray(str)

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Thanks David - All the very Best My Friend! Have a Wonderful Xmas - Nigel as well...cause he's helped such a lot too!

Soon be 2017, eh.......spooky!

All the best,
Ray.

Reactions: David Savage

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Yes, I agree Niko........I did suggest it but I think they are reluctant to do a swap.

I am a little disappointed that I have to run on firmware that is 2 years old but at least it works now....
Once the issues have been addressed. Chris said, that once the problems have been ironed out, a new update will be available....

I actually wondered, if ANYONEONE else had noticed any issues after the OTA update - can't just be me?

Thanks for your post Niko...

NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
No problems with buffering with mine.. Running latest firmware.. It would affect all of them if it was software related wouldn't it?

toonarmy9752

Sep 28, 2016
Its not just you Ray - ive still got issues with the Librelelec firmware update which at least got that side of the box working ( big thanks to Chris) but the audio is stuttery and video is jerky.. so not impressed. and ive tried every possible combination of settings.

Th DBx support crew do work hard, very hard to assist users but i really think that firmware released should at least work with a reasonable degree of efficiency... this box for me is the worst box I've come across = and believe me I have had a few and really really loved the standard T8 but this one is a nightmare, ive probably spent more time trying to get it working than viewing - sorry guys i just think the move to Librelec on this box was a big mistake and still is a bad move.... Openelec worked fabulously well but Librelec on this for me is a no no...

It must be the combination of box and firmware as i am now using Librelec in a zotac ID18 unit and that works very very well indeed - and interestingly i have less issues using the nightly updates on V17 Krypton beta 7 (i expect a few issues but ive not experience many) .. than the Dbox T8S plus

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Interesting comment Toon - to be honest, we are between a rock and a hard place.....until they release a better build we are buggered mate!

Ray.