taste3171

Dec 13, 2014
Quick reminder please folks ....the how to guides don't seem seem to call this out. On my T8 S plus I an presented with 2 options after download ..Install & Factory Reset and just Install.

The last update I just clicked install and the update went ahead and I retained all the favourites and installed apps. What is the implications of selecting this ..certainly is less hassle than a factory reset ...?

Mark Stradling

Dec 2, 2015
Oh well, wish I'd never installed this update. LibreELEC was stable and working, now nothing works, can't get it to even run properly, keeps locking up. Add-ons stopped working, HDMI sound option gone, it's a nightmare! List of issues, well it would be easier to say what's working, nothing! Factory reset and made no difference

Martin derby

Aug 16, 2016
Oh well, wish I'd never installed this update. LibreELEC was stable and working, now nothing works, can't get it to even run properly, keeps locking up. Add-ons stopped working, HDMI sound option gone, it's a nightmare! List of issues, well it would be easier to say what's working, nothing! Factory reset and made no difference
T

Martin derby

Aug 16, 2016
I also updated, and now librelec doesn't work. I just get the homescreen on kodi. When i try anything it freezes most of the time. Kept on getting errors saying no network although in librelec config app my wifi is paired. Tried ethernet cable, no problems. Tried rebooting, factory reset still libreelec on wifi not working. Wish i never updated

Reactions: Mark Stradling

Mark Stradling

Dec 2, 2015
okay, so got my box back from droidbox today, still hopeless. LE just locks up all the time. Exactly as Martin described above, including not being able to get LE to recognise it is actually connected to the internet!

Last edited:

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Many builds are still incompatible with Kodi 17. Have you checked with the echo build authors if theirs is compatible? Post your response so others know the situation.

MattK

Apr 4, 2017
Hi everyone, first post on this forum.
I bought my T8-S plus about 6 months ago, and I've only now seen this OTA update. When I try to run the update it fails to download and attempts to reconnect, this happens until I cancel it. I'm connected via Ethernet but don't see an option to untick a box allowing this. See attached image.

Can anyone help me figure this out.

Thanks in advance

[EDIT] Fixed issue with a reboot, as internal clock had reverted back to 1970

Attachments

• IMG_0161.JPG
    IMG_0161.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 156
Last edited: