Ruzz2k

May 2, 2015
Hi I have a t8 and I received it with kodi 14.1 and when I ran the wizard last it shows the screen as kodi 14.2 but it is actually kodi 14.1. I downloaded kodi 14.2 and tried installing it but it wont let me. will you be providing kodi 14.2 shortly to all t8 users.

thanks,

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, if you go to system, then underneath system info and in the bottom corner it will tell what version of Kodi you are running. It's normally another colour too, droidbox are testing Helix 14.2 and might be already out.

Ruzz2k

May 2, 2015
Hi David, I went to apps under android settings and it shows kodi as 14.1, I will check your way later in kodi itself.

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
That's how you check, so thats the version of Helix you have.
I'm on this and there really no difference between 14.1 and 14.2, its just a stable release of this build of Helix.
As I've said droidbox are testing 14.2 so it might be out soon for most boxes.

Enjoy

Reactions: Francis Fox and Sal

Estwing

Feb 1, 2015
That's how you check, so thats the version of Helix you have.
I'm on this and there really no difference between 14.1 and 14.2, its just a stable release of this build of Helix.
As I've said droidbox are testing 14.2 so it might be out soon for most boxes.

Enjoy
Hi David just a quick question ,my box is working fine at the min so not touching anything,when things do go wrong as they do and I run wizard will it update to Kodi 14.1 as I am on Xbmc at the moment,thx

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Don't think that's the way, if you get in touch normally it's a APK file you down load and install, witch has the wizard in. You also have to clear data (or uninstall) the version of xbmc you have so the new one doesn't get over written.
I believe if it works don't touch, as you said things can go wrong. I still have a imx6 box with Frodo 12.2 on and is running fine.
You can always send an email using the contact us at the bottom, and ask for an upgrade and SS might give you the link.
They might need some details, but worth ago.
http://droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/
Good luck

Reactions: Sal and ChrisM

jimbo1964

Mar 15, 2015
Hi, if you go to system, then underneath system info and in the bottom corner it will tell what version of Kodi you are running. It's normally another colour too, droidbox are testing Helix 14.2 and might be already out.
Hi, Dave

just done the lastest update with the new green and yellow droidbox kodi logo when you go into xbmc, iam still on xbmc gotham. when the kodi version with the wizard is out will there be a link to it and if so will it be on this forum. Or is there already a stable version of kodi with the wizard tested if so can you put a link on. thanks. i have just emailed droidbox support for a link thanks

Last edited:

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
As I understand, the new T8s has got Kodi Helix 14.2 on. So testing might have finished, as for a link not sure if there will be one on here, think you have to ask SilentlyScreaming how's its going to be done if you want to upgrade.

Dave

Reactions: Sal

Estwing

Feb 1, 2015
Don't think that's the way, if you get in touch normally it's a APK file you down load and install, witch has the wizard in. You also have to clear data (or uninstall) the version of xbmc you have so the new one doesn't get over written.
I believe if it works don't touch, as you said things can go wrong. I still have a imx6 box with Frodo 12.2 on and is running fine.
You can always send an email using the contact us at the bottom, and ask for an upgrade and SS might give you the link.
Good luck
Good luck
As I understand, the new T8s has got Kodi Helix 14.2 on. So testing might have finished, as for a link not sure if there will be one on here, think you have to ask SilentlyScreaming how's its going to be done if you want to upgrade.

Dave
Hi David,got an email back from them today they said no :-( it's still being tested,but it's being sold on new boxes so can't comment on that.

Last edited:

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Sorry to here, you can only try. All I can say on this is as long as your current box is working ok then there's not much to again from changing. I have a box running Frodo 12.2 and its still fine, yes I've got a few dependancies not met on some add-ons, but most work fine. If you are in Gotham build if Kodi that's still running fine too.

Estwing

Feb 1, 2015
Sorry to here, you can only try. All I can say on this is as long as your current box is working ok then there's not much to again from changing. I have a box running Frodo 12.2 and its still fine, yes I've got a few dependancies not met on some add-ons, but most work fine. If you are in Gotham build if Kodi that's still running fine too.
It's human nature,I want the latest thing,there's not much difference yes but I want the latest thing,you could lose stuff and it not work as well,YES BUT I WANT THE LATEST THING,we are all stupid lol.ps can I have the latest thing.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Sounds like you want the latest thing, if its still being tested...you don't want something that might go wrong or even not work on your device.
Time to be patient and wait for it to be released, I to want the latest thing too.
See what SilentlyScreaming says on this matter...

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Testing on the T8 completed fine, so it is being sent out with that. I'll post up a link in a new thread or blog post, but I suspect on some of the older AmLogic models we'll see issues, going from the testing so far.
Just to clarify a little regarding the Wizard, it will only ever install/configure add-ons, not update the actual application to a newer build.