mikemcg93

Sep 15, 2016
Hi

The box I have is a DroidPlayer MXQ running version 1.8.8. The problem I am having is with Kodi. I have installed 4 builds on this device and they all install perfectly with no problems. All list up to date information and movies etc but when I go to play something with Exodus for example it says no source available. This happens for everything even something as popular as The walking dead.

Please if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Is it because my device is older and doesn't support these builds? but then again they install fine. Really stuck here

Thanks in advance guys.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You might want to check if you have isp child safety controls in place or if with bt, smart set up, and disable.
Trying to view this site via the boxes browser is also an indicative test.

mikemcg93

Sep 15, 2016
You might want to check if you have isp child safety controls in place or if with bt, smart set up, and disable.
Trying to view this site via the boxes browser is also an indicative test.
Hi yeah i can access this site from the box. I have also had other devices e.g laptop running kodi fine. The box worked fine accessing movies etc but was outdated and low memory so i updated the box and put a fresh install of kodi and then added a build and ever since have had this problem

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok. It is still worth checking from the box itself that the controls are unset so logon to your ISP settings page from the browser on the box and make sure they are unset (some of these controls work at the device level).

If everything looks ok, As an alternative, just add the 10 or so Addons you watch all the time, manually. The Seo Michael web site provides good installation instructions for individual addons. Make sure you clear Kodi data first so you have an empty Kodi. If things still don't work it may be the box has given up the ghost. If you are looking for a new box check out the Droidbox range (discounts on many boxes right now).

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
BT customer? If so, a factory reset on your DroidPlayer device (might be worth contacting them if the following/above doesn't help) would mean you'll need to complete BT's Smart Setup again. Visit this forum in the Browser/Chrome/Firefox/etc app on your DroidPlayer. If you see a Get Started button, click it then say no on the next page.