bel

Mar 2, 2017
I have a W8 pro with two sd card slots, and the micro SD card in the top slot has gone right inside - I can hear it rattling about. Now have only the bottom slot functional.
Mentioned this to a friend who has the same box and he said the same thing happened to him.
Design fault??
Any suggestions on getting the card out and reclaiming the slot?
Many thanks.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Probably worth contacting DroidBOX direct, especially if your warranty is still valid (in terms of taking it apart to recover the card). I'd not realised the W8 Pro had two memory card slots!

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
There is only one SD slot on the device. I did have a quick look and the two slots you are referring to appear to be air vents. The SD slot is marked below the text. You would need to open the device in order to retrieve the SD card.

bel

Mar 2, 2017
There is only one SD slot on the device. I did have a quick look and the two slots you are referring to appear to be air vents. The SD slot is marked below the text. You would need to open the device in order to retrieve the SD card.

Having looked more closely there are two slots but the top slot is actually a TF card slot! Looks exactly like an SD slot and they are so close together it's easy to put the card in the wrong one! The box is out of warranty now so it will just have to keep rattling!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
For future readers, microSD=TF (TransFlash) effectively. TF is always a memory card, SDIO means you can use SD/miniSD/microSD for other things.
@bel if the box is out of warranty anyway, check under any rubber feet (assuming you have superglue to reattach them after) as you may well find screws to undo the case - if they're not in plain sight already.

Reactions: bel